recommend tyres size 37-622

mr mailbox

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 19, 2013
Hi to all can anyone recommend a decent road/off road Tyre for my kalkhoff there are fitted with continental contact tyres 3 punctures in a week enough is enough the bike is mainly used on the canal tow paths, i don't mind but its only 2 weeks old, so any help would be most appreciated regards

Martin@e-bikeshop

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi to all can anyone recommend a decent road/off road Tyre for my kalkhoff there are fitted with continental contact tyres 3 punctures in a week enough is enough the bike is mainly used on the canal tow paths, i don't mind but its only 2 weeks old, so any help would be most appreciated regards
Hi there,

Schwalbe Marathon Plus, they offer it in 700x35c (Your size)
They are not the cheapest at £33.99 each but you won't regret it!
Most popular tyre we sell by far..

With these fitted you'll have a much more pleasant 'hassle free' ride!

Enjoy your new ebike by the way..

Regards
Martin

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Change the tubes while you are at it to get rid of those stupid Woods/Dunlop valves.

Look for tubes with a bit of weight which will give you a little extra puncture protection.

Not that you should need it with Marathon Pluses - everyone says they are pretty much bomb proof.

lowranger

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2008
Hi there,

Schwalbe Marathon Plus, they offer it in 700x35c (Your size)
They are not the cheapest at £33.99 each but you won't regret it!
Most popular tyre we sell by far..

With these fitted you'll have a much more pleasant 'hassle free' ride!

Enjoy your new ebike by the way..

Regards
Martin
Agree with Martin. I can recommend these wholeheartedly. I have ridden on them for years and they are very long lasting tyres so although expensive are good value in the long term. You are unlucky to puncture with these tyres. When I changed my last one due to side wall failure I found a shard of sharp glass that had failed to penetrate the armour and had been in there for some time as it was worn smooth from contact with the road. A bit heavy but not an issue for an ebike.

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
Change the tubes while you are at it to get rid of those stupid Woods/Dunlop valves.

Look for tubes with a bit of weight which will give you a little extra puncture protection.
I recommend these - choose the Schrader version - it works with your tyres and rim :

Michelin A3 Protek Max Tube | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

I use them combined with Marathon Plus tyres. It's about as much protection as you can get in a regular tyre/tube combo.