Registering an ebike in Northern Ireland

Sinjin Smythe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 15, 2017
Northern Ireland
What a really nice day here. Both bikes locked away because of fear of punishment. After what I have done on 2, 4, and 18 wheels without incident over 67 years this political madness is an insult to me and I am sure many other innocents.
True, I bought an ebike recently to commute to work at a busy hospital where parking for the patients is at a premium. I have to take the car to get to work now thereby using up a parking space every day for someone else who needs it more than I do. More traffic on the road, more pollution, less parking, less people getting exercise. The law is having a laugh if it thinks I'm going to pedal into work in motorbike gear on a bike that cuts assistance at 15mph!

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
All very well sitting here and moaning about it and Nolan taking the proverbial.
You all have MLA`s (for what that`s worth!) and Westminster MP`s to contact on this, after all this is what they`re all getting paid to do.

And when you`ve finished with them take it to the top, an email costs nothing.
At the end of the day its your taxes that`s paying for this farce.

Parliamentary
House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA
Tel: 020 7219 8400
Secretary of State for N.I.
Email: james.brokenshire.mp@parliament.uk

https://www.parliament.uk/biographies/commons/james-brokenshire/1530

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

TedG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Lisburn Co Antrim Northern Ireland UK
All very well sitting here and moaning about it and Nolan taking the proverbial.
You all have MLA`s (for what that`s worth!) and Westminster MP`s to contact on this, after all this is what they`re all getting paid to do.

Parliamentary

Already done.

Reactions: LeighPing

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland

Parliamentary

I fully agree with you Tommie...
It would be very simple and popular for your sec of state to make a public statement, preferably in Westminster but even a short news clip would do stating that he has advised the NIPA not to prosecute, pending legislation.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
True, I bought an ebike recently to commute to work at a busy hospital where parking for the patients is at a premium. I have to take the car to get to work now thereby using up a parking space every day for someone else who needs it more than I do. More traffic on the road, more pollution, less parking, less people getting exercise. The law is having a laugh if it thinks I'm going to pedal into work in motorbike gear on a bike that cuts assistance at 15mph!
.. ted the law is not having a laugh, in this case it is just ignorant of the fact that the world has moved on.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Sinjin Smythe

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 15, 2017
Northern Ireland
Personally I've already written to two MPs and had no reply, this isn't something that will interest them until the wider public get involved.
They are motivated enough to call round your home on election time but won't give you the time of day outside of that.
Good to see the greens and alliance getting involved though, they may not get into power next time round but I'll vote for them for trying