Remove 15mph speed limiter

z0ul

Just Joined
Apr 3, 2017
sweden
Hello i have a Yosemite electric. tmp_8042-Screenshot_20170404-0829261097084651.png
Can some One help me remove Speed limit or make it faster?
tmp_8042-IMG_20170404_0823461280240360.jpg

azertytreza

Just Joined
Mar 29, 2017
gent

i builded this , to simulate the pas-pedalling.
with this board you can ride 25km/h withoud pedalling.

but i need to get rid of the speed limit , so the bike can ride up to 25km/h ( 15mph)

Reactions: Swinman

The Commuter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 5, 2017
Telford
Hello all
I am not only new to this site but also new to electric cycling.

I visited Severn valley cycles last week and I spoke with Dave.

For the fact that he told me at least twice that he was not a salesman and also that recommending an Ebike was like picking what someone else would want for dinner .He spoke so well about the Oxygen S cross and answered almost all of my " Noob" questions about the things that can be missed and later regretted. With most answers ending in ~ Not something you will find missing on the Oxygen.

So to cut to the chase .

He did such a great job of selling me on the Oxygen ~I bought a second hand one off ebay and have had a few successful rides The bike is very nice ~ Just wondering if it can go faster ?

Dave did mention a magic code when we both discussed the merits of the Oxygen.As of yet I have managed to get 16 mph out of it through the Town park downhill but would like to be able to access a bit more speed sometimes.

Does anyone have any more info ?

Oh I am based in Telford and Severn Valley cycles is about 200 metres from the work part of my daily commute

Last edited:
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

The problem is that if I gave you the secret, I'd have to kill you to stop the secret getting out, then your wife and kids would hate me.

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Hi all,

I just signed up because of this interesting thread. I have a bicycle that I am very fond of and would not like to charge for another bike. However I would like it to go a bit faster then the 25 km/h where the engine cuts today. Is it possible to remove the speedlimit from this bike?

The bike is a Biltema Yosemite City Sport with rear hubengine. Spec is 36v and 250w.

The controller is the one in the picture.

I have a theory that my isspeedwayen can be solved in two different ways. Ither by fooling the controllerin some way or by removing the speed sensor from the rear hub? And thaughts om this?

The panel on the handlebar is as sen on the picture so i beleave it is not possible to hack the speedlimit throuh the panel? Correct?

Anyone knows if the controller can be modified to get rid of the speedlimit?

Anyone knows if there is a speedsensor in the hubengine? If so what would happen if i removed the magnet so the controller wouldnt know the speed?

Very thankful for any help!

Regards,

Andreas

Attachments

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Hi all,

I just signed up because of this interesting thread. I have a bicycle that I am very fond of and would not like to charge for another bike. However I would like it to go a bit faster then the 25 km/h where the engine cuts today. Is it possible to remove the speedlimit from this bike?

The bike is a Biltema Yosemite City Sport with rear hubengine. Spec is 36v and 250w.

The controller is the one in the picture.

I have a theory that my isspeedwayen can be solved in two different ways. Ither by fooling the controllerin some way or by removing the speed sensor from the rear hub? And thaughts om this?

The panel on the handlebar is as sen on the picture so i beleave it is not possible to hack the speedlimit throuh the panel? Correct?

Anyone knows if the controller can be modified to get rid of the speedlimit?

Anyone knows if there is a speedsensor in the hubengine? If so what would happen if i removed the magnet so the controller wouldnt know the speed?

Very thankful for any help!

Regards,

Andreas

Also i noticed there are nine cables attached to the engine. This menas that the hubengine has a speed sensor, correct? If so, the white cable is the speedsensor cable? If so again, do i cut this cable to disconnect the speed sensor and will this remove the speedlimit at 25 km/h?

Regards,

Andreas

D

Deleted member 4366

I doubt that cutting the white wire will change the speed limit. rather than cut the wire, just remove the pin from the connector. On the controller connector, using a thin tool, you press down the barb on the pin, then you can remove the terminal. Don't pull too hard or else you can pull the wire out of the terminal. You have to press down on the bar at the end nearest the back of the connector.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to do it with an LCD. You have a LiShui controller, so any Bigstone or Kingmeter LCD should work.

Finally, you can have complete freedom to control your bike if you change the controller to an S06S with LCD from BMSBattery. You'll have to change the motor hall connector or just solder the wires directly because the S06S has a different motor hall connector. The S06S gives the option to fit a throttle, and it has a much better PAS function than your LSW one. Cost for a S06S and LCD is around 70 Euros.

• Useful
Reactions: Andreas

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
I doubt that cutting the white wire will change the speed limit. rather than cut the wire, just remove the pin from the connector. On the controller connector, using a thin tool, you press down the barb on the pin, then you can remove the terminal. Don't pull too hard or else you can pull the wire out of the terminal. You have to press down on the bar at the end nearest the back of the connector.

If that doesn't work, you might be able to do it with an LCD. You have a LiShui controller, so any Bigstone or Kingmeter LCD should work.

Finally, you can have complete freedom to control your bike if you change the controller to an S06S with LCD from BMSBattery. You'll have to change the motor hall connector or just solder the wires directly because the S06S has a different motor hall connector. The S06S gives the option to fit a throttle, and it has a much better PAS function than your LSW one. Cost for a S06S and LCD is around 70 Euros.
Thanx a lot for the answers d8veh! I just disconnected the white cable and it did the job. The 25 km/h limit is now long gone:) Thanx also for the idea on removing the pin instead of cutting the cable so that i didnt ned to cut the cable.

For information if anyone is interested the bike now reaches 27-28 km/h instead of 24 km/h and the annoying enginge cutting is gone.

Another question, if one would like the reach a bit higher speed, is the best way to go to switch to a 350 w engine? If so, can this be done without changing any other components?

Or is there a smarter way to go to reach a little higher speed?

Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

The speed that the motor turns depends on its design. The designer can design the motor to go whatever speed he wants. There's no relationship between speed and power.

The key characteristic of an electric motor is the kV, which is the number or RPMs per volt. That means that you can make any motor go faster by applying more volts. You have a 36v motor, so if you use a 48v battery and controller, it will turn 33% faster. This speed is the no-load speed (wheel off the ground). The speed the bike goes will depend on the motor's power as well as its kV.

The designer has to make sure that the kV matches the motor's power so that the bike reaches its intended speed.

A 36v battery is 42v when full and 31v when empty. That affects the speed, so for a 25km/h bike, the designer has to make sure that it will achieve that speed at 31v plus a little margin - say 27km/h at 31v. At 42v, it's no-load, unrestricted speed would be 27 x 42/31 = 36km/h, which is why we can always get an increase in speed by derestricting the controller, but you won't see so much difference when your battery is empty.

One other design consideration is that the higher the kV, the lower the efficiency becomes at low speed, which is why you cannot make a 100v battery and ride your bike at 75 km/h.

Andreas

Jan 7, 2018
Sweden
Thanx again for the quick and very informative reply! I’ll start with the bike as it is for now. When the time comes for an upgrade i’ll Check back in.

Regards!

Aurial

Just Joined
Feb 8, 2018
Manchester

D8veh,
I have the BMSbattery bottle09 with 20A Controller and LCD03. It is restricted despite the settings on the lcd saying otherwise. I have opened it up but no handy white/grey wire loops. Everything is soldered so not easy to trial changes.

There is a white wire running to the motor which is the prime candidate but i would welcome some advice before i take the plunge. Could you give me any pointers please?

D

Deleted member 4366

D8veh,
I have the BMSbattery bottle09 with 20A Controller and LCD03. It is restricted despite the settings on the lcd saying otherwise. I have opened it up but no handy white/grey wire loops. Everything is soldered so not easy to trial changes.

There is a white wire running to the motor which is the prime candidate but i would welcome some advice before i take the plunge. Could you give me any pointers please?
That serup isn't limited in any way, so you must have a setting wrong or a slow motor. Which motor and which speed version is it?

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Advertisers