Replacement spokes.

Daweed

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 12, 2014
Heathrow
Hello. Well long story short is that my hub cracked around bearing so got it welded I but tensions in the spokes changed so I lost few of them. I took whole wheel apart to repaint the hub thinking that sourcing new spokes would be piece of cake. Ohhh how wrong I was. I've tried eBay and even got some but they were couple of mm too long and the J bend offset was too big as well (it was 4.5mm and I need 3mm). I'm getting really desperate now for having that wheel done. So my question is - can any one point me to the place where I can source right spokes without paying the earth? Or even better where I can take/send my hub and rim and get it done (just for reference is 156mm 12g [2.6mm] with 3mm bent). Ideally in South East England. Just want to get in the saddle again. Cheers.

gwing

Pedelecer
Nov 5, 2008
Chiltern Hills
I've tried eBay and even got some but they were couple of mm too long and the J bend offset was too big as well (it was 4.5mm and I need 3mm). .
You'll want the bend to be similar but I'd say don't worry about the spokes being too long, you can expect to cut a bit off the end unless you're lucky enough to have an exact common size that is readily available. Do thread a nut on first before cutting the thread so that it cleans up the end when you remove it after cutting.

D

Deleted member 4366

I'd use thinner spokes. 12g is too heavy and stiff for most ebike applications. Which hub is it?