retro fit an accelerator/boost button ?

IGraham

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2018
Sunderland. UK
Purchased an Oxygen S-Cross ST last year, finding it most useful, until it comes to hills (I have m.e/cfs) am now wondering if its possible to fit some sort of ‘boost button or accelerator to bypass the having to peddle to get the motor to cut in. Is this possible, has anyone done it.

Thanks for any help

Graham

Wheel-E

Pedelecer
Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
This document shows that an optional throttle is available: http://www.oxygenbicycles.com/admin/resources/bike-downloads/s-cross-st-spec-new.pdf

You could probably get a throttle from Oxygen, or we could help you if you show us the connectors you have on the controller.

Asking the obvious question, but are you using the highest of the 6 assist levels and have you set the Power Mode to Power (not Normal or Eco) when going up the hill?

D

Deleted member 4366

Your bike comes with an optional throttle in the box. If the dealer didn't give it to you, ask for it. You only have to fix it to the handlebars and plug it into the spare connector on the harness that presently has a blanking plug in it.

• Informative
Reactions: Wheel-E

IGraham

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2018
Sunderland. UK
Thanks for the replies, didn't realise a throttle was available, had thought they were no longer allowed ?
I've been in contact with Oxygen bikes, they have been most helpful and have offered me the throttle which is apparently easy to fit, so i should soon be on me bike and hitting the hills.
Now only got to source a 1000 mile battery and I'll be doing the JOGLE again - nothing wrong with having a dream is there.
Again thanks for the help

Reactions: Wheel-E