Riese and Mueller Delite Touring?

lark

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 1, 2016
USA
Are there any reviews of this bike to which someone can point me? I have "Googled" and not found anything in English. Also, I have searched this site and found a lot on mentions ("if budget is not an issue"), but nothing more. R-M is coming to the US, and the full suspension and feature set appeal to me.

Anyone have first, second, or even anecdotal information?

Thanks.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Forum member Croxden has done thousands of trouble free miles on his Delite Touring.

I've ridden his bike, and there's definitely something in the 'tuned for the road' full suspension.

The Delite is the most stable bike at speed I've ever ridden, and the only one I've felt reasonably safe on at 30mph.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Are there any reviews of this bike to which someone can point me? I have "Googled" and not found anything in English. Also, I have searched this site and found a lot on mentions ("if budget is not an issue"), but nothing more. R-M is coming to the US, and the full suspension and feature set appeal to me.

Thanks.
Have a look on http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/riese-muller-delite-2.16849/

lark

Oct 1, 2016
USA
Thank you both for the insights and link - don't know how I missed Croxden's series of reviews! My hope is to get the Delite Touring with the dual battery and Gates drive. The dual battery looks a little odd, but I believe it is a time of purchase decision - can not be added in afterward.

Croxden - which bike do you ride more frequently. The RM or Haibike?

Last edited:

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
I rode quite a few different bikes at the cycle show and have to admit it's the R&M that stood out from the rest. Can't put my finger on why..it just felt. GOOD

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thank you both for the insights and link - don't know how I missed Croxden's series of reviews! My hope is to get the Delite Touring with the dual battery and Gates drive. The dual battery looks a little odd, but I believe it is a time of purchase decision - can not be added in afterward.

Croxden - which bike do you ride more frequently. The RM or Haibike?
The Delite, currently I'm using the Haibike as our autum (fall) causies a build up of debris from the leaf' s and pine needles under the close fitting mudguards (fenders) the Haibike has more clearance.

In the new year, I'll be using the Delite much more, it's a more pleasant bike to ride for me. Each of us are different. You must try before you buy.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent

Thanks.
Hi Lark, I have a demo bike available and there are others out at dealers. Would you like me to arrange a test ride for you?

All Delites are now dual battery enabled, you can choose to add a battery after the original bike purchase.

All the best, David

lark

Oct 1, 2016
USA
Thank you for the offer David, however, I live in the US. I believe R-M is just beginning to export to dealers over here.

Interesting about the battery option as I had been told the exact opposite.