Royal Baby

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
The Royal Gynaecologists certainly did a good job when they carried out their pre-marriage survey on Kate Middleton. Good teeth, strong hips, thick hair, flexible limbs etc. Now she’s managed to pump out three children to confirm their findings. Hooray!
Tilson,
I just wonder ,are you anti monarchist?

If so, hoorahhh!

So am I !

Another blood sucking leach ( or is it leech ? )

At the very least ,it isn't illemgitamate.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Why do they keep referring to it as Baby, Mother & Baby, Royal Baby, Baby is ......

Why have we suddenly dropped “The” from the front of any statement concerning THE Baby? It’s The mother and the baby, The Royal Baby etc. The sooner Theresa May eats it the better, perhaps then we can get back to the important issues.
No longer just Baby, now Louis Arthur Charles.

If only they've added Keith, it would have been LACK, or with a possible future throne in mind, LACKing.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
"Louis"? Does that mean they are thinking of invading France again? Brexit, a prince called Louis, I'm sure there is something been put in the water... Remember to wash you hands every time you touch a door nob too! :p

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
"Louis"? Does that mean they are thinking of invading France again?
It's a family name, from this guy, later murdered by the IRA:

Admiral of the Fleet Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, KG, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCIE, GCVO, DSO, PC, FRS was a British Royal Navy officer and statesman, an uncle of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and second cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
No longer just Baby, now Louis Arthur Charles.

If only they've added Keith, it would have been LACK, or with a possible future throne in mind, LACKing.
Never mind Kieth, if only they’d called it Derek, I wouldn’t have lost my tenner!

• :D
Reactions: oldtom and flecc

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
It's a family name, from this guy, later murdered by the IRA:

Admiral of the Fleet Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, KG, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCIE, GCVO, DSO, PC, FRS was a British Royal Navy officer and statesman, an uncle of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, and second cousin once removed of Queen Elizabeth II.
A mate of mine's granddad used to tell us story he,d been on boat with Mountbatten when it was torpedoed. They ended up scrabbling for surface together, on seeing each other he said to Mountbatten
" funny how scum always rises to top, sir."
Mountbatten found it very amusing...so he said.
By all accounts he was a really good bloke.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
My brother used to say that he spent longer on one wave than Mountbatten spent at sea. Still, a man with so many names and half the alphabet after those names must have been something special.....mustn't he?

Tom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Mountbatten found it very amusing...so he said.
By all accounts he was a really good bloke.
Yes he was widely liked, hence the outrage when he was blown up in his yacht on Ireland's coast.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My brother used to say that he spent longer on one wave than Mountbatten spent at sea. Still, a man with so many names and half the alphabet after those names must have been something special.....mustn't he?
Probably more time yachting than on Royal Navy boats, and where the IRA got him of course.

• Agree
Reactions: oldtom

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If this is true and comes to fruition, I wonder how many other surprises there will be in store for those who voted to take back control, close our borders, etc......I find it all very amusing.

View attachment 24474

Although I like my football, I would laugh my head off if the EU decided that the European football competitions in future would be restricted to those countries within the EU. Such a dictum would kill 'Brexit' stone dead!

Tom
I have never understood why football ranks over everything...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I have never understood why football ranks over everything...
Having tried to find some interest in watching cricket, American football, basketball and athletics, I can understand why a trend in that direction is justified with sports.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union

Advertisers