Saliasbury Throttle

pabunce

Just Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Pleas could you advise why sometimes when the throttle is twisted the motor stops? this is not all the time, and by switching off and back on again resets and allows the throttle to be used once again.

It is a little confusing as the peddle assist is working well,If anyone has had the same problem and can assist I would appreciate it.

Many thanks

Paul

PowaCycle

Finding my (electric) wheels
Hi Paul

It sounds like it could either be a loose connection/short somewhere, or a battery problem. I haven't seen this problem before.
Do the wires look OK where they meet in front of the handlebars (there are 3 or 4 loose ones in there anyway, so ignore them)? And what sort of range are you getting from the battery?
Email me with the answers to support @ powacycle.co.uk, and I'll try and work something out.

Regards

pabunce

Just Joined
Jun 16, 2007
reply re throttle

I will check the box with the wires in, although I had to tape that up when the bike was received as the small plastic box was broken!

The range is around 15 miles, on hilly terrain, no different from when it was first used.

This bike had to be changed a little as the crank kept coming undone due to the poor welding used on the bottom bracket caused the lock nut not to lock, so the peddle sensor is outside the lock nut, but that has been working with no problems. Lock thread glue has been used to make the crank stay in place now, shame having to butcher it but no support offered by seller!

Apart from above, the bike is quite good and does the 12 miles a day trip daily.

Thanks

Advertisers