Scott Brose MTB at Ilkley Cycles

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just been to Ilkley Cycles for a tweak as the Giant gear changing is a bit off . Job done and back as smooth as silk, but while sipping a Cappuccino I spotted a new Scott Brose MTB which rather took my fancy...
They are willing to PX my Scott E-Genius 910, but reading a few older posts suggests the Brose system was needing some work.. Has anyone got one?

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Best thing you can do is take one for test ride. Do try it off road in technical sections eg climbing rock garden, low speed sharp corners.
Power delivery in these situation is not meant to be as good as Bosch.

• Informative
Reactions: Gubbins

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Still on the considering options page..
It didn't shout "buy me" like the giant E-road did.. but it was whispering in my ear.. and remembering the giant km issue I am not jumping straight in.
With regard to a test ride..
For one thing.. I dont do technical or rock garden and all my corners are slow.. which is why the e-genius 910 is a bit wasted on me.
In the cold light of day they probably won't offer me much for it anyway, and earlier this week I was accused of frittering so have to be careful.

Reactions: Tugwell Gibson

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can have a new bike for 100 quid and if you dont like it you can send it back for a refund ;)

or this id buy that if i was looking ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kristoffer Hansen

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id keep what you got as that is expensive for a hard tail you got fox forks but every thing else is bottom of the range parts wise.

the motors are 700 euro from pcg and the batt will be about as much as the bosch.

the brose motor has 90nm and is belt drive inside why it is so quiet.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
id keep what you got as that is expensive for a hard tail you got fox forks but every thing else is bottom of the range parts wise.

the motors are 700 euro from pcg and the batt will be about as much as the bosch.

the brose motor has 90nm and is belt drive inside why it is so quiet.
Still like it tho..

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
try a dongle it will be like a different bike ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
my m8 had a go on my bike when i first got it and said it was shite as it cut off at 15mph.

after i got the dongle and he had another go it was like holy shite thats rapid i want one now lol just cant afford it.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Today I rode the track down off Ilkley Moor with a big scary tailwind..
Looking at the rear camera footage the rear suspension was working overtime so a hard tail would not be do good here. This footage was cool but was spoiled by the mudguard and saddlebag so intend to take em off and film it again.

Reactions: soundwave

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
I saw you doing 38 down the stone tracks and I was very impressed, then I saw you doing 57-59 !!!! Had a closer look to see KM/H. :(

A hardtail would be too fast for you :p

• :D
Reactions: chris130256

Related Articles

Advertisers