Scott Brose MTB at Ilkley Cycles

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
My Brose powered Bulls has been excellent though I have only had it since February and done about 300 miles. The power "characteristics" are a bit different but it suits my riding style. I have had no motor issues and the criticism of Brose seems to emanate from some Levo owners. Looking at the Scott installation it is very similar to the Bulls hard tail which has a 650w battery as does my FS Bulls, what size is the Scott battery?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
My Brose powered Bulls has been excellent though I have only had it since February and done about 300 miles. The power "characteristics" are a bit different but it suits my riding style. I have had no motor issues and the criticism of Brose seems to emanate from some Levo owners. Looking at the Scott installation it is very similar to the Bulls hard tail which has a 650w battery as does my FS Bulls, what size is the Scott battery?
It's a 500..
How do you find the power delivery.. specifically at a high cadence and when changing gear under load?

Tom Rae

Pedelecer
Jan 14, 2017
Edinburgh Scotland
It's a 500..
How do you find the power delivery.. specifically at a high cadence and when changing gear under load?
The power delivery gradually increases as the cadence increases, or it feels as if it does, which means snotty gnarly stuff is dealt with more easily. Changing gear, I usually back off a bit anyway so I cannot really say but I have not had any graunchy changes that I can remember. I do all my cycling in ECO mode which may make a difference?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
The power delivery gradually increases as the cadence increases, or it feels as if it does, which means snotty gnarly stuff is dealt with more easily. Changing gear, I usually back off a bit anyway so I cannot really say but I have not had any graunchy changes that I can remember. I do all my cycling in ECO mode which may make a difference?
Actually it makes a big difference.. I use sport all the time and the bosch system is pretty good at sorting out gear changes but it eco I don't think it will be an issue.

AndrewJ

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2013
id keep what you got as that is expensive for a hard tail you got fox forks but every thing else is bottom of the range parts wise.

the motors are 700 euro from pcg and the batt will be about as much as the bosch.

the brose motor has 90nm and is belt drive inside why it is so quiet.
What's pcg, and are you talking about the Brose? If so, are you saying you can buy the motor separately?

Related Articles

Advertisers