Sexual wrongdoings is a 2-way street.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Very true. Our village church has dropped the term Christmas Fair in favour of Winter Fair. I noticed it a few days ago when I saw a board propped up outside the church gates. The same thing happens in towns and cities, we now have Winter Lights and Winter Light switch on ceremonies.

It caused me to wonder why that had happened. Where did the order to remove the word Christmas come from? Who had complained or been offended? What points were discussed at the meeting where the decision was taken and who were the attendees?

My guess is, and I think that I will be correct in my assumption, no one has complained, no one has been offended, no meeting has taken place and no discussion has happened. I would certainly be surprised if someone of a different faith had asked for the word Christmas to be dropped.

Who is it that makes these ridiculous decisions?
Does it not strike one as incongruous that a church, therefore Christian, would not celebrate , and make public the second most important feast in their yearly calendar?

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Does it not strike one as incongruous that a church, therefore Christian, would not celebrate , and make public the second most important feast in their yearly calendar?
We've been there in Dundee. Common sense prevailed after an outcry from the whole community, including the local Mosque. The Christmas Lights Switch-on was back and to stay.

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
My other, more intelligent half, has jus reminded me about the book "50 Shades of Grey" Don't think it was written by a guy?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My other, more intelligent half, has jus reminded me about the book "50 Shades of Grey" Don't think it was written by a guy?
Female E L James apparently, but I had to look it up. I've never read novels and am somewhat averse to fiction in general.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Do gooder's not wanting to rock the boat. Some call it social harmony I call it b*****k's, common sense out the window. It is dumbing down western culture/tradition to appease foreigners feeling /faith so not to upset them.
But it is not.upsetting them.. The genuine Muslim community are not offended by signs of Christian Faith...They recognise Jesus as a prophet, and Christians as people of the book. ... Mind you they take a dim view of Crusaders .

• Agree
Reactions: PeterL and flecc

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
But it is not.upsetting them.. The genuine Muslim community are not offended by signs of Christian Faith...They recognise Jesus as a prophet, and Christians as people of the book. ... Mind you they take a dim view of Crusaders .
Agree and said as much in 23 above.

• Agree

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I see that the sexual harassment contagion has claimed its first victim, Carl Sargeant. A man accused on Twitter, convicted on Facebook and sentenced to death on Mum’s Net. The really sad bit is that no one would tell him exactly what he was accused of doing.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and PeterL

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I see that the sexual harassment contagion has claimed its first victim, Carl Sargeant. A man accused on Twitter, convicted on Facebook and sentenced to death on Mum’s Net. The really sad bit is that no one would tell him exactly what he was accused of doing.
Justice might be served if those contributing to this specific subject on those media outlets were hunted down and arrested on suspicion of causing his death.

It needs a bit of shock-horror like that to bring back a touch of sanity.

• Agree
Reactions: tillson

gray198

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 4, 2012
twitter and facebook are great ideas being used in a poisonous manner. they seem to be beyond any laws of libel etc. If some of the things that are put on there were on the Daily Mail say, there would be uproar and libel suits flying in all directions. They are slowly destroying any notion of people being innocent until proven guilty. Maybe we need a ''Leveson'' enquiry???

• Agree
Reactions: Zlatan and flecc

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
twitter and facebook are great ideas being used in a poisonous manner. they seem to be beyond any laws of libel etc. If some of the things that are put on there were on the Daily Mail say, there would be uproar and libel suits flying in all directions. They are slowly destroying any notion of people being innocent until proven guilty. Maybe we need a ''Leveson'' enquiry???
They are not above the law but they have lawyers who will make your life hell and bankrupt you if you go after them...

• Agree

PeterL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2017
Dundee
Its not fiction, that stuff goes on..so I,m told.
The thing about the book (so I'm told), that stuff, is that it portrays the woman as the aggressor, which is the point I was trying to make. This really is a two-way street. It's just that we men don't complain, quite so much.

• Agree

Advertisers