Shimano Steps Manual for Dummies

cosybike

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2009
www.cosybike.co.uk
The manual is very detailed but frustrating especially for those that hate to navigate electronic menu systems.
I basically do that for a living and it annoyed me that I could not work out how to get the lights on without a manual despite having an inkling that press and hold would probably come into it somewhere. The manual doesn't even refer to "Headlamps". It calls them "Battery powered light" and refers to "assist x" but there is no actual Graphic of a Headlamp. I also doubted my mum would be able to understand it so I wrote a more ergonomic manual for the "Target Market" ;-)

Shimano Steps E6000 Series Manual for Dummies.

The power button is on the left side of the battery. Press once to turn on or off. If the bike is not moved for ten minutes it will automatically turn off.

Headlamps
To turn the Lights on - Press and hold the Black button marked with a Square for about 2 seconds.

To turn the Lights off - Press and hold the Black button marked with a Square for about 2 seconds.

Power settings and Display info.

To cycle through the information displayed press the black button momentarily
To scroll through power settings use the up/down buttons (grey marked with triangles)

To Enter and Navigate the display system
Here you change settings such as km/mph, language etc

Press and hold the two grey buttons marked with up/down together for about 2 seconds.

The display will now show a menu of settings.

Navigate using the up and down buttons. To enter a choice press the Black button momentarily and you will enter the setting. navigate to your option and then press the black button to confirm.

To exit
Navigate to exit and confirm with Black button.

Reactions: Emo Rider and flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the advice, I've saved the link to it for any future inquirers.

Advertisers