Shimano Support (Lack Of)

BillyBoy88

Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2016
Paphos Cyprus
I have a Orbea with Shimano E6000 Series equipment and in April this year while still under warranty the button fell off (see pictures below) the power adjustment, and now this month September 2017 I have been told by my dealer that Shimano say I must have broken the button off and I have to buy a new switch unit, is this a common problem with these units or am I just unlucky, also is Shimano support always useless.

20170318_071316.jpg

Attachments

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
I have a Orbea with Shimano E6000 Series equipment and in April this year while still under warranty the button fell off (see pictures below) the power adjustment, and now this month September 2017 I have been told by my dealer that Shimano say I must have broken the button off and I have to buy a new switch unit, is this a common problem with these units or am I just unlucky, also is Shimano support always useless.

View attachment 21298
No idea about button, but search google to see if others have had issue as more evidence for you. Surprised at Shimano as normally very good. I would go back to the dealer and say that you didn't break and you want shimano to show good will and replace, if not you will highlight their poor service on well respected forum. Also, maybe contact shimano direct.

Related Articles

Advertisers