Should I get the Winora Radius Plain- 2016?????

bearfacedclaire

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2016
London
Hi,

Does anyone have any views on this as a first time ebike???? I have a small flat and so the ability to flatten it seems really helpful but I'm not great on comparing all the technical specs!

Winora Radius Plain – 2016

Technical Specifications
Frame shape Compact
Frame Aluminium 6061, hydroformed
Motor Yamaha PW, 36 V, 400 Wh
Battery Lithium Ion, 36 V, 400 Wh
Display Yamaha LCD
Fork Aluminium 6061
Gear Sram iMotion, 3-gear
Crank Winora Alu
Chain KMC X1
Rims Rodi FW-Disc
Tires Schwalbe Big Ben
Saddle Royal Arco
Seatpost Alu links
Handle Bar Endorphins XLC
Stem Speedlifter twist pro
Brake Tektro Auriga disc brake
Pedals F80 Faltpedal
Lighting Spanninga kendo; B & M Xeltec
Kick Stand Aluminum side stand, rear

Weight battery 2,95 kg
Weight charger 950 g
Weight 20.5 Kg
Available colours black

row

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2015
Hi, The tech specs are fab e.g. Yamaha motor. I have ridden this a number of times. It is compact and is very zippy...really good fun with excellent design/build. However a consideration is the riders height. This bike is best for a shorter person and someone doing shorter distances (i.e. 7 miles each way) as it has small tyre diameter and could become uncomfortable for long distance rides.

bearfacedclaire

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2016
London
Hi, The tech specs are fab e.g. Yamaha motor. I have ridden this a number of times. It is compact and is very zippy...really good fun with excellent design/build. However a consideration is the riders height. This bike is best for a shorter person and someone doing shorter distances (i.e. 7 miles each way) as it has small tyre diameter and could become uncomfortable for long distance rides.
Thanks! I am 5'8''- would it be an issue????

row

Pedelecer
Nov 12, 2015
Thanks! I am 5'8''- would it be an issue????
That's on the high end for this bike...could be fine, would recommend you test drive one. At worse though you may need to just get a slightly longer seat post. It is worth considering intended distances that you will use it for comfort wise. It is a really nice urban bike. Hope this helps

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
That's on the high end for this bike...could be fine, would recommend you test drive one. At worse though you may need to just get a slightly longer seat post. It is worth considering intended distances that you will use it for comfort wise. It is a really nice urban bike. Hope this helps
I can only use my AVE MH7 as a guide, but there's loads of seat post adjustment on it, so there probably will be on the Winora.

Perhaps you've tried a 20" balloon tyred bike, but the comfort is pretty good particularly if you make the most of the suspension air chamber by running at the lower end of the pressure range.