Shwalbe Tyre problem

NJS

Pedelecer
Oct 14, 2017
Uk
Far too short to read the whole Brexit thread! :). The bible may yet lose its status in that respect.

I think for some it's just an often interesting discussion of particular points, though for a few it's a political propaganda outlet for a rare chance to let off steam.
A summary of the Brexit thread (from someone who hasn't even looked at it).

Some people are for brexit.
Some people are against.
No one knows what the outcome is going to be.

My prediction (I'll accept I was wrong, if I am, no less than 5 years from now. I'f I haven't kicked it before then.)

It'll be a bit tough for ~1 year; then it'll get easier; then it'll be -- what was all the fuss about?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Five pages is not bad. maybe we can make it into the thread that can take over from the Brexit one.
Maybe we could merge the two topics? What the Brexit thread seems to miss is RELEVANCE...

We could debate how Trade Tariffs - post Brexit - are likely to impact on the cost of bicycle tyres imported into the UK of say...

An EU made tyre, like German made Continental...
Or a non-EU made tyre, like Indonesian made Schwalbe?

(I'm already regretting making this suggestion - duck for cover!)

10JP

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
Maybe we could merge the two topics? What the Brexit thread seems to miss is RELEVANCE...

We could debate how Trade Tariffs - post Brexit - are likely to impact on the cost of bicycle tyres imported into the UK of say...

An EU made tyre, like German made Continental...
Or a non-EU made tyre, like Indonesian made Schwalbe?

(I'm already regretting making this suggestion - duck for cover!)
I'll start the ball rolling, here are 2 pics one of Shwalbe... now you might need a magnifying glass if your sight is poor but you can just make out made in Indonesia in tiny print almost on the bead... Now in nice bold print the Continental proudly stating Made in Germany, however now were leaving the EU the whole world is our Oyster..... Shwalbe.jpg Continental.jpg

Advertisers