Site search

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Sorry to be so negative but this forum software has probably one of the worst search functions I have ever come across! Almost as bad as some of the worst versions of the PHPBB search function and that is saying a lot. I used to work for a lady who developed an in house CMS and who rewrote parts of a popular PHP search engine and it worked great. All by herself...

There seem to be enhanced functions for search on the XenForo extensions page, do you have any of those installed? One word search works on the XenForo site they seem to be using some of the mods. ElasticSearch and plugins seem to be quite popular

An unsearchable forum is bad, an unsearchable forum with important and useful technical information is unbearable! :(

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and KirstinS
D

Deleted member 4366

Use Google. Just put "pedelecs" (leave out quotes) in front of whatever you're looking for. Or, to do it properly, which takes a bit longer to type, put "site:www.pedelecs.co.uk" (leave out quotes) after what you're searching for.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes I agree d8veh, my complaint is with the forum programmers: if you can't do search right either use Google site search or use someone's search module that just works.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
There must be something about electric bikes and poor search functionality because the search engine over at Endless Sphere is twice as bad as the one here!

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I am usually via tapatalk and the search just doesn't work

I.thought a tapatalk issue .....but I gather not ?

Advertisers