copper plate
Anderson connector
16awg wire
Sugru

I will try to take a photo of the connection later

Chris Maluszynski

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
Ok, I think I'm stupid. Is the clear plastic what you call "chopping board"? How do you find a piece that fits the battery? Does it somehow snap on to the battery or do you have to tie something around it not to fall off?

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Sorry to mislead you. I use a piece of plastic I found from the garage. If you can find a plastic chopping board and cut the shape you want.

Once it is in I use a Velcro strap to hold them in place. I put them in the pannier bag and I have no disconnection issue.

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Ok, I think I'm stupid. Is the clear plastic what you call "chopping board"? How do you find a piece that fits the battery? Does it somehow snap on to the battery or do you have to tie something around it not to fall off?
For the chopping board adaptor, look at craiggor's pics in this thread (posts 69 and 70)
I suspect even then that something may be being tied around it though. I'm going that route and going to try making the mount shape using a router ( might require lamination though).

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
The groove is 5 mm.the first chopping board I bought was.8mm,I used 4 layers. And finished the top with some 3 mm. The first layer is the hardest it needs a groove cutting in it.if you get it right no rubber bands needed.if you had a router no problem.but I cut mine with a hacksaw.i have made 2.one i got one side of one slightly wrong and i can lift one side just a bit.

Reactions: JamesW

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
Would anyone know if it is posable to charge two of these in parallel.with one charger ?

ps4customgamer

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2015
Would anyone know if it is posable to charge two of these in parallel.with one charger ?
I dont see why not. The charger seems to be simply a power supply, the charging circuitry is integrated inside the battery so connecting them in parallel would simply mean slower charging.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

It'll charge them in parallel, but what happens is that one battery will charge the other through the output wires, so you bypass the charging safety controls. If one battery had a duff cell or went out of balance, you could get a fire. I doubt that it would do any harm for the odd charge in parallel like that, but if you want to leave them in parallel all the time you should put blocking diodes on the output leads of each pack.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
I dont see why not. The charger seems to be simply a power supply, the charging circuitry is integrated inside the battery so connecting them in parallel would simply mean slower charging.
Cheers,I like the idea of slower charging,,should be good for battery life.

craiggor

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 9, 2015
It'll charge them in parallel, but what happens is that one battery will charge the other through the output wires, so you bypass the charging safety controls. If one battery had a duff cell or went out of balance, you could get a fire. I doubt that it would do any harm for the odd charge in parallel like that, but if you want to leave them in parallel all the time you should put blocking diodes on the output leads of each pack.
Cheers,what value diodes would you suggest I use.

Pedunculate

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 12, 2011
If anyone is interested I have four of these battery packs for sale... bought them for an e-bike conversion project that never happened.
I'd just like to recoup my investment so £34 a piece? Collect from Cambridge or I can try and find a courier to ship them at cost (suggestions welcome)