Small bike - Woosh Gale?

PaulM

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2017
Portsmouth
Looking to get a bike for the wife who's 5'2", short legged. Current bike has a saddle height of 83cm. Doesn't have to be a folder but Woosh Gale seems to tick the boxes: guards, rack, low seat height, good capacity battery (14.5 Ah). Would like to know the reach from saddle to bars because it would be hard to change that becuase of the one-piece handlebars/handlepost.

The Petite might be safer from a fit point of view, but I'm not keen on rack batteries from the point of view of weight distribution and it's more expensive. Any opinions on the two, or others up to £800? The Kudos Sprint is interesting but no throttle and a smaller capacity battery.

Rupert1

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2017
north wales
My wife is also 5' 2 and weighs about 8st. She to looked at both of these bikes and went for the Petite which you can get with a large battery. Do not see the weight distribution thing, with bikes this heavy it makes little difference.

PaulM

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2017
Portsmouth
Thanks. My experience of putting heavy weights high on a rack is that it affects the handling of bike. The Petite has 24" wheels and has been designed/chosen for having a rack mounted battery so this should mitigate the issue. I guess she is happy with the Petite?