Small frame ebike

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
It's looking like I might have to hand my Kalkhoff bike back due to motor problems.

I have been looking at alternatives and I am struggling to find a smaller frame as I am only 5ft 4in with a 29in leg.

The kalkhoff pro Connect is a huge frame and a little cumbersome. I would like a step through again. I like the look at the Wisper but the frame looks quite big.

Up to £2500 to spend.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
CP
You should be okay on an 18" frame.
Which model of Wisper do you think looks too big?

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
My wife is 5'5" and her Wisper 705SE suits her just fine. We've just measured and she has a 29" inside leg. Hope that helps.

Gaz

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Yes, that's the one.

This our torque model, 575Wh battery, torque sensor, hydraulic brakes, silent run. Have a test ride, I am sure it would suit you.

Here she is...

705 Torque 1.jpg

All the best, David

Reactions: Gaz

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
Yes, that's the one.

This our torque model, 575Wh battery, torque sensor, hydraulic brakes, silent run. Have a test ride, I am sure it would suit you.

All the best, David
Thanks David it does look interesting. Is this a hub motor or a crank? I have been used to a crank motor but I am not too sure of the differences!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Thanks David it does look interesting. Is this a hub motor or a crank? I have been used to a crank motor but I am not too sure of the differences!
Hi CP, It's a hub, but feels very similar to a mid motor. We have a torque sensor and the power deliver is very smooth and quiet. It would certainly be worth giving on a quick whirl!

All the best, David

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
CP If you prefer both feet fully on the ground, which is probably not so good for your knees but might help less confident riders, then a 17" frame like our our Poco might be a good choice for you.

Crystal_pixie

Pedelecer
May 25, 2017
Bristol
CP If you prefer both feet fully on the ground, which is probably not so good for your knees but might help less confident riders, then a 17" frame like our our Poco might be a good choice for you.
my present bike I can only just touch the ground with the tips of my toes with the frame bent across slightly. That is with the saddle at the lowest point so its not because of confidence its because I am a shortie!

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Add a dropper seatpost and you can always have your feet on ground when stopped. You will have to forgo a suspension seatpost.
Fat tires and coil sprung seat should help.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
my present bike I can only just touch the ground with the tips of my toes with the frame bent across slightly. That is with the saddle at the lowest point so its not because of confidence its because I am a shortie!
Understood CP. Sarah at Juicy is also not quite able to ride an 18" frame, like our Classic or Roller, but is very happy on a Poco or Compact.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I need to check out drop seat posts now - still learning.....
Dropper posts were designed for MTBs, dropping seat so you can get you butt and weight over rear wheel on steep descent. As I've discovered along with lots of others is they also allow you to lower seat when stopped, a nice bonus.

Typically they have remote leveler on handlebar, push it while seated and it drops. Push it while unweighted up and seat comes up. They take about 10min to get use to then there is no riding without one. Test riding high end MTB is probably your only way to experience one.

See Google and Youtube for more info.