Small Rear Xiongda Motor

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
Motor is refitted, up and running nice and smooth.
Great result.

bigoilbob

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 15, 2019
The motor has failed after 147 miles. At first I thought it was the bearings until I opened up the motor and found this.
View attachment 28938View attachment 28939
Have emailed Xiongda about some replacment gears.
AWOL. this happened to me. You need to replace the white, dry lube with some good PFET gear grease on one side, and some PFET drip lube on the other. I did this after getting my new gears and have quite a few miles. Been almost 3 years. Look in the endless sphere forum and read what d8veh wrote. Need to skip around - he wrote a LOT.

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
AWOL. this happened to me. You need to replace the white, dry lube with some good PFET gear grease on one side, and some PFET drip lube on the other. I did this after getting my new gears and have quite a few miles. Been almost 3 years. Look in the endless sphere forum and read what d8veh wrote. Need to skip around - he wrote a LOT.
Thanks for the info, I have often wondered what that white grease is inside a motor.

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Any idea where pfet gear grease can be sourced?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Any idea where pfet gear grease can be sourced?
Probably a typo and should be white PTFE grease, which is easily available.

bigoilbob

Mar 15, 2019
Probably a typo and should be white PTFE grease, which is easily available.

Not a typo. Worse, bad recollection. After 3 years of no problems I forgot the abbrev. Thanks, you're right Neath, and my brand was Tri-Flow. My light drip lube is also PTFE Tri-Flow. I amazoned, I believe...

bigoilbob

Mar 15, 2019
Thanks for the info, I have often wondered what that white grease is inside a motor.

BTW, pretty sure that skummy stuff your motor came with is NOT PTFE white gear grease. It's sticky, with no resemblance to me of the slick, translucent "white" PTFE gear grease.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For all my hubs I have a tin of Moly that I use.