Smart ebike repair

Philip Morris

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Mill Hill London
Hi
I have just joined but owned ebikes for 5 years, my current one is a Smart bought from Mercedes in Colindale
The power connection is broken after I dropped the bike but Mercedes are not doing repairs any more
Does anyone know a place in NW London that can fix it?

D

Deleted member 4366

That's not an easy repair. It's a Bionx motor. They normally split in the middle, so you have to un-spoke them to get the motor apart, then rebuild the wheel afterwards.

Rather than take it to Mercedes, you could try a Bionx dealer. I doubt that any other bike shop can fix it because you need special equipment to deal with the software.

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks I will call them to fix up a date to take it there
Be prepared to get totally ripped off.

Your bike is worth about £500 to £750 in good working condition.

There's a lot of nice ebikes for sale in the price range £1000 to £1500.

Philip Morris

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Mill Hill London
Be prepared to get totally ripped off.

Your bike is worth about £500 to £750 in good working condition.

There's a lot of nice ebikes for sale in the price range £1000 to £1500.
Thanks and getting a new bike is a possibility but even to sell it I need to get the broken cable fixed

Philip Morris

Just Joined
Dec 30, 2017
Mill Hill London
That's not an easy repair. It's a Bionx motor. They normally split in the middle, so you have to un-spoke them to get the motor apart, then rebuild the wheel afterwards.

Rather than take it to Mercedes, you could try a Bionx dealer. I doubt that any other bike shop can fix it because you need special equipment to deal with the software.
Thanks for the information, I have checked it and the power cable is slightly sheared so will access to the motor still be required?