SMART Electric Bike 'Job Lot'

Jtaylorx

Just Joined
Apr 26, 2016
Hi All,

One of the Mercedes Dealers at my work is selling 4 SMART bikes in various states of repair. I don't know much about them only that they are surplus to requirements.

The eBay link is http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/-/282579688735.

My colleague knew I rode electric bikes and was a member of this forum so asked me to let everybody know they are for sale.

Cheers

mxer

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2010
Should of put an offer in yourself may of bagged a bargain.

Can't see that happening now ebays involved. Shame

D

Deleted member 4366

They're not that X-fantastic. They're quite uncomfortable to ride because the front end is so stiff. Every little bump jars your wrists. You didn't miss anything.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Paul "Smartbike"

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 21, 2016
I too bought an Smart Ebike - Idiot !

It doesn’t charge/regen EVER ! ITS UNCOMFORTABLE AND DOESNT WOOSH ME UP ANY HILLS OF ANY HEIGHT INCLINE OR EVEN THE SLIGHTEST LITTLE BIT.(Sorry Forgot and left the CAPS LOCK ON WASN’T ANGRY OR CROSS OR ANYTHING.

And now the dealers tell me they’ve stopped making them and as to parts and service etc or new cheap replacement batteries for 350.00 or thereabouts YOU MUST BE KIDDING !

WOOSHENBANGEN ! This is the Physics element or scientific one that makes E bikes go the Smart E Bike hasn’t got any.It is the absence of this essential element that leads to reporting on this Forum.

Last edited:
  • :D
Reactions: anotherkiwi

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
They are a marmite bike and are horses for courses.
Like the nice young lady who had hers stolen in Oxford recently, quite ideal for a flat commute or about town bike with an aesthetic sleek style that appealed to her. Sadly some low life took her pride and joy away.
We did have smarty pants who praised them from the rafters but he was a Merc stooge or just another annoying troll who eventually got lost.
The fact that they are no longer made is an issue but If the lot were bought as a job lot spares wouldn't be an issue except may be the battery, probably possible to get it re-celled.
I see that they went for just under 1.5k .