So happy, picked up Macina 29 powered by Bosh (Metropolis?) for a song!

Paul Wrighton

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2018
Just want to share my joy at recent good fortune. Dropped by my LBS and the owner, knowing I was riding a conversion E-bike slightly unhappily, showed me a second hand Ebike he was keen to offload for £500. Now bear in mind this bike is very close to the spec of my conversion, with upgrades of disc brakes, new high spec. tyres, bottom bracket motor (not rear hub), alfine hub gears, 11 speed, and overall a better feel and lower weight.

As soon as I took the test ride I knew it was for me. Although it had no throttle (illegal now) the assistance was responsive and useful, completely unlike my conversion which required almost constant throttle to be rideable in an assisted sense.

And it was only £50 more he was asking than I had paid for my conversion! How could I refuse!

I negotiated in a headlamp and pump, and no doubt I might buy some sort of security solution that matches the bike when I pick it up tomorrow.

So sorry if I make anyone envious, but I feel so lucky and blessed by the Gods of cycling right now!

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Have fun with the new steed

As for having envy over either your bike or the amount you paid , it couldn’t be further from my mind and to be honest with you I found it a weird thing to say personally.