Somewhere to start...

intentionally blank

Just Joined
Sep 14, 2018
I hope this is the right section -massive apologies if this should be posted elsewhere..

After months of umming and ahhing I'm finally getting round to this.

I've a couple of bikes in the garage which I'm sure I can convert so I think I'll go that route rathe than buy one off the shelf... I've an old Cube hard tail which would seem to make an excellent first project bike - and once I iron out the inevitable teething problems I can hopefully using the same kit on a cyclocross bike I have.

Can I just check before I order anything.. If I buy something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bafang-8Fun-BBS02-36V-500W-Mid-Drive-Motor-E-Bike-Conversion-Kits-With-LCD-Panel/163110514777

What battery do I get?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Might be worth buying complete with battery from the UK (eg Woosh) or Germany (eg Yose). You will be sure of compatibility, and much more support if anything doesn't work out right. I toyed with the idea of buying bits on my first (only so far) conversion but there seem to be a lot of details that must be got right: I opted for Woosh and am pleased I did.

Don't forget you will probably be paying import duties and/or VAT getting it shipped from outside EU. Can still be worthwhile, I am sure others will chip in with experience of how much they have had to pay.