Spare Battery.... expensive luxury, or twice the fun.

D

Deleted member 4366

As somebody already said, carrying a battery in a back-pack sounds like a good idea, but I can tell you to forget it if you're trying to get extra range for a long ride. After 4 hours or more, you'll be thinking about where you can stash it and collect it later in the car.

• :D
Reactions: Ballynoes

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Wow. there are loads of bags like these in outdoor shops from £15.
not seen any that you could put a batt in to and keep it secure tho less you got a link to one as not paying 200 quid for a back pack:rolleyes:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
That makes no sense.

On the bike or on your back, you still have to accelerate and brake its mass.

On the bike, the frame,wheels and tires take the strain; on your back, you do.

And having mass flopping around high up on your back goes against every rule of mechanical efficiency, safety and ergonomic design.

I guess you're arguing the man rather than the logic; and would claim that shouldering your wheelbarrow saves on tyres.
Everything ergonomic says don't carry weight on your back, that's what panniers and carriers are for. The only possible reason might be fear of pilfering..

Reactions: Zac

BazP

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2017
Sheffield
not seen any that you could put a batt in to and keep it secure tho less you got a link to one as not paying 200 quid for a back pack:rolleyes:
Decathlon's best selling hydration pack looks perfect at £17.99.
I wouldn't think you would need anything bigger than 10 litres and there are loads looking just like the expensive one above. Maybe not as many pockets but it's just for the battery.

Related Articles

Advertisers