specialized levo turbo

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
dos anybody know how to remove crank arms on levo turbo please is this nut socket to come out to expose threads for a normal crank puller dont want to try till i knowIMG_2010.JPG

Reactions: ukmarcel

EmSeeDee

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
Coventry, UK
It looks like it might be a self-extracting crank, with a flange on the screw that bears on the plate with the hex hole in it as you undo the screw. I'd try undoing the hex screw and see what happens. If it gets tight after a few turns, it's probably because it's starting to act as a puller.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

braylew

Pedelecer
Jan 28, 2015
hi the big hex head on the crank arm wont move but the hex head inside does undo but then gets tight after a few turns I was not sure weather to keep turning but ill give it another go you could be right thank you

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

ukmarcel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2017
Cheshire
hi the big hex head on the crank arm wont move but the hex head inside does undo but then gets tight after a few turns I was not sure weather to keep turning but ill give it another go you could be right thank you
Hello,
Were you able to take it out? Is it self extracting? As you mentioned, it's undo but then gets tight after a few turns I was not sure whether to keep turning. thanks.

cookiee

Aug 20, 2017
Australia Albany WA
Hello,
Were you able to take it out? Is it self extracting? As you mentioned, it's undo but then gets tight after a few turns I was not sure whether to keep turning. thanks.
Yep the crank bolts are self extracting bolts, what I did with mine was to undo them till they were as tight as I was game, then went for a short ride loaded up the cranks then they came straight of.

Reactions: ukmarcel

cookiee

Aug 20, 2017
Australia Albany WA
Thanks a lot Cookiee. Very helpful. The crank came out directly.
Have you got a Torque Wrench to get the cranks back on, they're tight to pull on all the way home, Norbar make the best Torque Wrench they go up in points of Nm.
Norbar TTI 20 Torque Wrench 3/8" Drive 1-20Nm. . Accurate to +/- 3% 13640

Related Articles

Advertisers