Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Comp 6Fattie

Anthonyexmouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2017
Exmouth
I've got comp carbon and it has the 504 Watt battery,so does the expert ,only the FSR 6Fattie has the smaller 460 watt battery, which is only 5% less battery capacity.
im looking at the reduced 2017 models. the fsr comp has the 460wh and the cheaper forks and drive chain. stepping up to the expert gets me better drive chain, pike forks, 10% extra battery and a free garmin remote.
just dont know if my skill level would appreciate the upgrades and if it doesnt im paying £600 for a 10% battery boost. i could get the fst comp and use the saving to go a long way to getting an extra battery for £700

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
Check out je James. There’s a new 720kwh battery for the levo....if or when I get a levo I’ll be getting as big a battery as possible

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
I looked but couldn't find it. Can you post a link
The Levo batteries only come in 460wh / 504wh variations.

The 460wh batteries come specced on several models, however it isn't available to buy as a spare part other than for warranty reasons.

The 504wh battery is seen on the more top-end 2017, and most of the 2018 range. It is available to buy - at a cost of £715.

Specialized do sell a 691wh battery - however this is for their older 'Turbo' models, and not compatible with their current Levo, Vado or Como.

One thing to make sure if you do buy a spare battery is that the software on both the motor and battery need to be of the same version. If it's not - get a software update done on both the motor & battery.

Reactions: argoose

Levo

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2017
England
It's great, can't believe how far you can go and still feel fresh, yet still get a good workout.

Mountie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 5, 2018
Canada
What a daft name for a bike!
But what a bike!
A more detailed intro to my recent ownership of said snappily named bike is in the "introduce yourself" forum.
Since then I've been riding and testing it as much as I can!
One of the things that I get a little OCD about is mud and seals. I don't clean my bikes very often, preferring to leave a "protective coating" on to stop the paint oxidizing. I do however, keep as much crud as possible off suspension and seatpost seals, and scrub the worst off my chain and cassette.
To this end, I fit splash guards to the front:

And rear:

I added a bit extra to the rear to try and keep as much out of the pivot area as possible. Sliced up inner tube, duct tape and (matching) zip ties.

And for the seat post, more inner tube:

Last time I went out at night, I found the battery condition LED's to be a distraction. They are very bright at the side of your leg! A strip of duct tape worked , but I thought this old chainstay protector worked better:

Then went out for a spin. The mud wasn't up to the usual standard, but enough to show that it is an improvement.

Whilst out, I bumped into another e-biker (e-MTBist?) in the Forest so had a good chat with him. Our stories matched almost identically, and we accepted some good natured abuse from a bunch of non assisted riders with the good grace that age and wisdom allows. Looking forward to our normal Thursday night ride this evening, and the rain had just stopped. bring it on.
Mark
Dry nice bike

Related Articles

Advertisers