West Sx RH
led or lcd ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's with a speed sensor
Yes I know that !!!
What I meant was led or lcd handle bar control.
If lcd then possible to unlock the speed other wise you need to have a look for the controller box, there may be a speed link wire or a potentiometer adjustment.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there is nothing to do.
The 790 LED panel does not restrict the bike (your bike is not restricted), the motor has a noload speed at around 15mph.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you know I can't help you breaking the laws, but adding another battery does not change the noload speed of the motor. Each motor has its KV constant, meaning the higher the voltage, the higher the noload speed.

D

Deleted member 4366

Please show a photo that shows where that speed sensor is!!!!

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
his bike has aa 790 LED panel, no speed sensor. Also, the current fashion is to have the speed sensor inside the motor to increase reliability.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Is at the rings chain
that's the pedal sensor. The speed sensor is usually mounted on the chainstay and actuated by a magnet bolted to a spoke.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Is at the rings chain
As Woosh has said that is the pas/cadence sensor so does nothing to change the speed.
Have a look at the bikes electronic controllers exterior wiring to see if there is anything there, some controllers have a restriction wire connection or sometimes a small potentiometer adjuster.

septera

Just Joined
Nov 9, 2017
London
Hi,
I just bought exactly the same bike. Would like to increase the speed limit from 15mph/25kmh to 20mph/30kmh.

I heard that there is a cable for sale what you can connect to the motor and adjust this limit. (www.aliexpress.com)
There is a guide how to do this with the same manufacture but with a different model. (https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/)
I have no idea if it will work with the crosscity motor as pinout of the socked could be different.

Any ideas guys?

D

Deleted member 4366

No owner has ever provided any details of connectors or wiring. Until they do, you're on your own.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Hi,
I just bought exactly the same bike. Would like to increase the speed limit from 15mph/25kmh to 20mph/30kmh.

I heard that there is a cable for sale what you can connect to the motor and adjust this limit. (www.aliexpress.com)
There is a guide how to do this with the same manufacture but with a different model. (https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/)
I have no idea if it will work with the crosscity motor as pinout of the socked could be different.

Any ideas guys?
o_OYou are barking up the wrong tree with that one!!!
The programming lead and know how guide is for the Bafang BBSxxx range of mid drives not applicable to use with other drives.
Show us some pics of the controllers ext wiring to see if there is anything in it there, otherwise the speed is pre set and may be the max the rpm winding can offer. Often with an lcd display (even basic ones) speed can be adjusted for a bit more.

Last edited:

Bighun

Just Joined
Oct 21, 2021
the crosscity e i have has got got a 12 magnet round the middle hub and the pickup is on the frame if i took out 8 of the magnets would the bike go any faster because the amount of magnets is a third of what should it should be

Advertisers