Speed limit unlock

komar251

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2016
Hey. Can some expert tell me is that possible to unlock my bike?On flat terrain i can't be faster then normal bike. Even if i push hard to pedals i feel like something wont let me be faster:p. For sure its about speed limit. Maybe there is a chance to unlock it with some soldiering as i saw on this forum. for 99% it's brushless 250w bosh 36v. I bought it from second hand 2 years ago.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Soldering the shunt in the controller will only increase the power a little, it doesn't increase the speed.

D

Deleted member 4366

That display thing on the handlebars is only a battery meter. It doesn't have any control function. If there's a way of releasing your speed limit. it's in that compartment under the battery. You need to show a photo of any wires from the controller that don't go anywhere, i.e, not to the motor, battery meter, pedal sensor or throttle.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
That display thing on the handlebars is only a battery meter. It doesn't have any control function. If there's a way of releasing your speed limit. it's in that compartment under the battery. You need to show a photo of any wires from the controller that don't go anywhere, i.e, not to the motor, battery meter, pedal sensor or throttle.

hmm?

D

Deleted member 4366

It's in that compartment in your top photo. You have to take the side off.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to pull out the aluminium box so that we can see all the wires and connectors. The battery connector slides out sideways, which makes it a bit easier to get everything out when you slide it off with the aluminium box. Make sure you put it back the same way round.

Those two blue wires with something covered up by heat-shrink look very promising.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
W
You need to pull out the aluminium box so that we can see all the wires and connectors. The battery connector slides out sideways, which makes it a bit easier to get everything out when you slide it off with the aluminium box. Make sure you put it back the same way round.

Those two blue wires with something covered up by heat-shrink look very promising.
When i will back from work i will do this. Im really excited cause you said there is a hope for this limit. Thanks again. Afternoon i will upload a photos

komar251

Apr 24, 2016

i can't move this aluminium box. Also i can see on last picture that one wire is cuted. Dunno why cause im not damage it for sure. I was doing it very slowly and carefuly. Is this pictures means anything for you?

D

Deleted member 4366

There we go. Is there a screwdriver slot in that yellow bit on the end of the blue wires? If so, turning it adjusts the maximum speed. Get a friend to lift the back wheel and operate the throttle, while you turn the adjuster. You should see and hear the motor speed changing.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
There we go. Is there a screwdriver slot in that yellow bit on the end of the blue wires? If so, turning it adjusts the maximum speed. Get a friend to lift the back wheel and operate the throttle, while you turn the adjuster. You should see and hear the motor speed changing.
wops. what if i dont have throttle? just pedal assist.

D

Deleted member 4366

wops. what if i dont have throttle? just pedal assist.
It's the same but the friend has to turn the pedals to make the motor go.

Alternatively, you can turn it fully one way, try it. and if slower, turn it the other way. don't apply too much force to the adjuster.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016

Alternatively, you can turn it fully one way, try it. and if slower, turn it the other way. don't apply too much force to the adjuster.
Gimme minute i need find adjustment and place battery.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016

this has screwdriver slot .But now i need put battery otherwise how can i know if that change.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016

Well i do it with screwdriver and i turn it on max on right. But to be honest in home i can't feel or hear any speed changing. Also there is a little adjustment on this bolt.

EDIT: i was outside with bike. Hmm it's hard to describe but maybe but just maybe a little more speed but it can be just in my head. but anyway you help me a lot if i can repay to you let me know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

You won't get any extra power. the only thing that will change is the point at which the power to the motor is cut. There's a modification you can do to get a bit more power, but you need to know how to use a soldering iron.

Inside the controller is a piece of thick metal wire called the |shunt. You can add a bit of solder to one end, and it will cause the controller to give more power. You should not do it too much. About 25% of the length of the shunt is the maximum.:

Before

After

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
You won't get any extra power. the only thing that will change is the point at which the power to the motor is cut. There's a modification you can do to get a bit more power, but you need to know how to use a soldering iron.

Inside the controller is a piece of thick metal wire called the |shunt. You can add a bit of solder to one end, and it will cause the controller to give more power. You should not do it too much. About 25% of the length of the shunt is the maximum.:

Before

After

So now i have full faq. This is really helpfull information. I need ride a little and check hows bike run now. If i decide to solder like in this picture i will let you know.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
D8veh is there option to add throttle to this bike? If i add throttle will i can use it like in scooter or this will not work like this on my bike?

D

Deleted member 4366

You have to pull the aluminium box (controller) right out so that we can see all the connectors. If it has the empty connector, the answer is yes, otherwise you need to buy a new controller that has the throttle connector.

Advertisers