Speed limit unlock

komar251

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 24, 2016
You have to pull the aluminium box (controller) right out so that we can see all the connectors. If it has the empty connector, the answer is yes, otherwise you need to buy a new controller that has the throttle connector.
Is this this "empty connector"?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 4366

The little three-wire one looks promising. Red is 5v and probably yellow is ground. You need to test that with a meter on beep (continuity). Put one probe on the battery black wire where it goes into the controller and the other on the yellow one. if it beeps, that's a ground (0v) and the other is the signal wire. Any throttle will work, but think about which type you can fit considering what space is on the handlebars. Throttles normally have a red wire (5v), a black one (0v) and any other colour, like green, white or blue, for the signal. If it comes with a connector of the same type, check that the wires are in the right sequence before connecting. If it has the wrong connector, cut both connectors off, join the wires and insulate them.

Reactions: komar251

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
The little three-wire one looks promising. Red is 5v and probably yellow is ground. You need to test that with a meter on beep (continuity). Put one probe on the battery black wire where it goes into the controller and the other on the yellow one. if it beeps, that's a ground (0v) and the other is the signal wire. Any throttle will work, but think about which type you can fit considering what space is on the handlebars. Throttles normally have a red wire (5v), a black one (0v) and any other colour, like green, white or blue, for the signal. If it comes with a connector of the same type, check that the wires are in the right sequence before connecting. If it has the wrong connector, cut both connectors off, join the wires and insulate them.
I will test it tomorrow. Didn't have tester right now but all what you write is real inportant information for me. About place i think on left and only throttle which is pulling by finger. I will use it only on flat terrain

Attachments

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
Can i check with that position? Or this meter is wrong for this task.
So with black probe connected to battery and red probe to : it is
Green "1" nothing change
Red " 1750~"
Yellow "001"
Its done on Power off key position in battery

ON POWER ON KEY
Black probe to battery and red probe to
green" motors run" the wheel starts spin
yellow "001"
red " nothing on dispaly" everything gone

here is how its look like

Also i find throttle like i want

http://allegro.pl/manetka-rower-elektryczny-hallortonowa-i6798633599.html#thumb/1

is this ok?

Attachments

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

With your meter set like in the photo, touch the to probes together. Whatever shows in the didplay means that you have a direct connection.

Put your black probe on the controller's black battery connector with the connector disconnected from the battery. Then, touch each pin with the red probe. The one that shows the same display result as touching the probes together will be the ground.

komar251

Apr 24, 2016
I forgot to update this thread. I make everything like you said and all works flawless. Big thanks for guide me into controlers etc.
Sorry for quality but its taken in basement. The power is enough. On full throttle on flat terrain i got about 23 km/h

Reactions: Wheel-E
D

Deleted member 4366

Great result. It makes all the effort worthwhile.

Advertisers