Speed sensor dilemma

pdarnett

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 5, 2013
Bradford
www.mybigdaydj.co.uk
Hi all I've knackered the speed sensor on my kit. It's a S06 controller with the LCD3 display. I'm trying to find a supplier of the sensor that's not in China as I ride this bike every day (kit came from BMS originally). It's the three pin one and I'll need the spoke magnet as well (rear wheel nicked as wiring cut). I've the rest of the kit and a donor bike but just missing the sensor and magnet to complete. Anyone know of anyone in the U.K. that can supply one?

D

Deleted member 4366

You only need two of the wires if you use a cycle computer one. IIRC you connect the two wires to signal and ground, but if that doesn't work, signal and 5v will. It's one or the other depending on whether the signal is pulled up or down.

You can get a cycle computer from Tesco or Wilkos for less than the price of the original speed sensor, or you can use one of these. Just cut the head unit off to leave the sensor and the wires:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Bicycle-Bike-LCD-Cycling-Computer-Odometer-Speedometer-Stopwatch-OV-/161865976179?var=&hash=item25aff6c973:m:mePvIwBCrEfv55Zyo-m9NOg