Spotted on eBay: Kalkhoff E-bike Agattu 2009 Brand New

lemmy

Esteemed Pedelecer
My main concern would be the state of the battery. Also, given that 50Cycles offered them end-of-line at £1600, the price seems a bit high. I'd have though £800 would be fairer.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Nicer than the bikes 50Cycles offered, like the 2 tone paint job, beats the boring plain silver i got on the run out model.
I think half price would be wonderful too, unlikely for a brand new boxed bike, but wonderful.

dimmer

Pedelecer
Aug 10, 2009
surrey
This looks like a nice bike so i e-mailed him, as the battery is showing 2 lights i asked about its condition and the location of the bike this is his reply,

"Hi,

The bike is at Germany at the moment and being shipped to Hungary so I'll ship from there.
The battery is brand new and the the charge potential of the battery shows 5 lights,

,Kind Regards".

So there might be a wait for it,

George.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Remember, these batteries have a sleep mode so don't age in the same way as most. This one should be perfectly ok, just being sold at the lower price to clear, due to the 2010/2011/2012 upgrades.

C

Cyclezee

Hope I am not too late and that I am totally wrong for the sake of the buyer, but somethings doesn't 'smell right' about this eBayer.

He or she was selling a Focus equivalent of the Kalkhoff Pro Connect S at a low price with the latest 18Ah battery, it just seemed too good to be true.
OK 100% feedback, but for selling what, cosmetics to anonymous buyers:confused:

Take care out there!

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
"Hi,

The bike is at Germany at the moment and being shipped to Hungary so I'll ship from there.
The battery is brand new and the the charge potential of the battery shows 5 lights,

,Kind Regards".

George.
Does no-one think this sounds HIGHLY suspicious.....Germany.....to Hungary.....WHY ??

Lynda

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Hope I am not too late and that I am totally wrong for the sake of the buyer, but somethings doesn't 'smell right' about this eBayer.

He or she was selling a Focus equivalent of the Kalkhoff Pro Connect S at a low price with the latest 18Ah battery, it just seemed too good to be true.
OK 100% feedback, but for selling what, cosmetics to anonymous buyers:confused:

Take care out there!
I followed the link and looked at his other items for sale and he had a good few non electric forcus bikes for sale as well. Did not realise focus did an S classed panasonic...

Lynda,The Hungary/Germany thing, could be that as that he lives in hungary and purchased bikes from Germany? The 2 E Motion Panasonic folders on ebay last week were clearly bought in Spain as they had no UK backed dealer warranty. Buyer beware!

I think some purchase these end of season bikes at other auctions and then ebay them

EDIT:

seems like he mainly sells beauty products. and his feedback very suspicious as the same names come up most of the time...so feedback appears to be far from genuine...

Last edited:

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
It said on ebay that the item was in Oxfordshire..........very much buyer beware....

Lynda

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008

piotrmacheta

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 23, 2009
If it's Oxfordshire then get him to send it to his place and then go up with the cash and collect.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
You sure are a skeptical lot on here, you do realize you get eBay and PayPal protection which i have found to be first class, a bit drawn out but first class.
Anyway someone did not have 'spidey sense tingling' and instead of being buyer beware was just a buyer and no doubt will be delighted with this absolute bargain.
I will leave it on my eBay to see what feedback is given in the future.

Spinalot

Pedelecer
Sep 25, 2011
Sheffield, United Kingdom
You sure are a skeptical lot on here, you do realize you get eBay and PayPal protection which i have found to be first class, a bit drawn out but first class.
Hmmm, I am a skeptic, I admit it. Been bitten too many times on that site. Only for small amounts but still. As for the "protection" I have had good and bad with that. The last thing I want in my life is hassle and £1k money tied up in a dispute.
I hope it was all true and the buyer got a great bike though :)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
yes ebay a nest of vipers....

interesting case the other week. someone sold a mobile phone and received payment via paypal...sent the phone to buyer. buyer claimed it was faulty and got money returned but kept the phone. seller ends up with no phone and no money....

for big items make it a face to face cash transaction