Step thru under £17k

Peggy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2017
Norfolk
finding hills and gear changing on a push bike difficult as I get older. I'm 5ft 5 ins and weigh 9 stone. Looking for a smallish electric bike for leisure use and to take away with the campervan. I don't want small wheels and have a bike rack that is suitable for an electric bike with battery removed. Any advice appreciated. Would hub gears be an advantage? Limited options to try out a range of bikes in my area

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Peggy,

I would recommend you to look at the Woosh Petite.
It is smaller than the average step through, gentle at the start and has a throttle in case you feel too tired to pedal.
It has front suspension, easy on your wrists and back.
You can also choose the battery capacity to suit the range you like to have, 10AH for about 30 miles, 13AH for 40 miles or 15AH for 50 miles.
Price from £829 including delivery.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?petite

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I'd like to see the bike that is 17k must be made of gold or all components are titanium.

Last edited:

Kendalian

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2016
Cumbria
Hi Peggy,
I wouldn't discount 20" wheels unless you have tried a bike with them and really don't like them. I have tried the Winora Radius and the Orbea Katu, both of which felt a good ride to me as a 'tour' bike. I have ordered the Katu e-20 in white which should arrive in the next couple of weeks. The Bosch powered e-30 is close to your budget; http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Orbea-Katu-E-30-LR-2017-Electric-Bike_95519.htm?sku=337479&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=CIKXu-TnitMCFSgz0wodilgHbw though it doesn't have the hub gears that the e-20 has.

Like you, mine is to take away in the Renault Master based campervan where it will sit x ways inside the rear doors. I'm looking forward to having hub gears - derailleurs are a pain to me!

Cheers

Kendalian

Peggy

Apr 4, 2017
Norfolk
Thanks Woosh but I think the petite is slightly too small. I have considered the Santana 2 but would like to test before I buy and Southend is too far for me.

Peggy

Apr 4, 2017
Norfolk
Hi Peggy,
I wouldn't discount 20" wheels unless you have tried a bike with them and really don't like them. I have tried the Winora Radius and the Orbea Katu, both of which felt a good ride to me as a 'tour' bike. I have ordered the Katu e-20 in white which should arrive in the next couple of weeks. The Bosch powered e-30 is close to your budget; http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Orbea-Katu-E-30-LR-2017-Electric-Bike_95519.htm?sku=337479&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=google_shopping&gclid=CIKXu-TnitMCFSgz0wodilgHbw though it doesn't have the hub gears that the e-20 has.

Like you, mine is to take away in the Renault Master based campervan where it will sit x ways inside the rear doors. I'm looking forward to having hub gears - derailleurs are a pain to me!

Cheers

Kendalian
Thanks for the advice. I have tried 20" wheels and really didn't like them. My ideal is for a 44-46cm frame and 26" wheels.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks Woosh but I think the petite is slightly too small. I have considered the Santana 2 but would like to test before I buy and Southend is too far for me.
Thank you Peggy for looking.
The Santana2's motor is too powerful for your 9 stone. It is made for people who weigh between 12 stone and 16 stone. Even on low assist, it will assist a bit too much for your 9 stone.
There is also the length of the bike. The Petite is 172cm in length, the Santana2 is 189cm in length.
The longer the bike, the more stable the bike is but length also makes the bike less agile. It follows that slim people are better off with shorter bikes and vice versa.
I will add the info to the web page later to make it clear.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Whoops - that's my autocorrect. I mean under £1,700!
That's a shame Peggy!

Have you considered a Wisper 705Torque, it's a well built, silent, powerful and sophisticated bike that falls bang into your range? If you let me know what's you are based, I would be happy to recommend a local Wisper Dealer where you will be able to test ride a bike.

All the best, David

amps1-050.jpg

Last edited:

Peggy

Apr 4, 2017
Norfolk
That looks a possibility although the frame size is slightly larger than my ideal. I'd like to test one of you are able to find a local dealer for me. I live in Norfolk

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi Peggy
We have a number of stockists throughout Norfolk, and I think you'd like the feel of our Classic range.
Take a look at our electric bike stockists map to find the most convenient for you.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Peggy, if you are near Croma, Pop in and see David Wood from Electrifying Cycles, he's one of the most knowledgable ebike dealers I know. He will have a lot of bikes and brands for you to try.

All the best, David