Sticky Hub

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
hi Panda,
I managed to repair my bike, well its running and I ve been cycling to work this week in the lovely weather,
One thing I have noticed is the "power" the bike/motor offers me has somewhat reduced. Its seems ok, but a steep hill and the motor really does struggle and offers little assistance in comparison to before. I am using my gears a lot more now which is fine but wondered if there is any way to check or improve power for the motor? battery is looking ok (its only 12 months old) so assume it must be either controller issue or again, back to the hub.
Any advise, help gratefully received.
Hi

12 months can be quite old for a battery so I wouldn't rule that out. It could be that it is struggling to provide sufficient output current and therefore you're not getting as much power as before.

If the battery is still good and able to provide as much (or more) current than the controller is demanding then if this power isn't making it to the mechanical output of the motor it is being lost as heat. Do you notice the controller or motor getting more hot than usual (allowing for the fact that the weather is hotter)