still thinking of upgrading my current bike to a SIROCCO CD

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Hi a while back I mentioned I was considering upgrading my current Sirocco 2 to the Sirocco CD my journey consist of 7.5 miles of which I have fairly steep hills (Torbay) to navigate so need some power and still be left with some battery juice on my return (15 miles in total) been looking around and seen Ezee bikes mentioned a lot on here, so I asking for any updates please from CD owners and how they are finding this bike with the crank or advice on what would be best out there (hub or crank :confused: ) I do have a limited budget so not looking at high end ok. Need be even consider second hand or special deals if any out there. This is a great site and always appreciate help or advise given on here. Thank you in advance :) :cool:

D

Deleted member 4366

The Sirocco is not particularly powerful, but it can climb steep hills without too much effort from you. I think they've lowered the gearing since the first version, but, if it's still not low enough, you can probably go a bit lower with a new cassette.

The Ezee bikes with the big motor climb quite well, and the Kudos Toornado, but cheaper still is the new Woosh Big Bear that they should have by now. All of them will be a fair step up in climbing ability from your Sirocco 2.

There's something you can do to your present bike to gain a lot of climbing ability. IIRC it has a 12 amp controller. You can solder the shunt to take itup to 18 amps, which will give it 50% more torque for climbing.

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Hey d8veh thank's for that just took a look at the big bear would this be more beneficial than the CD ? (hills I mentioned) and to preserve battery life would it be best for non power cycling on the flat or would the overall weight and the fact it has a rather meaty front hub not allow me to do this. To help you get some idea of the rider I am 45 and 11.5 stone and classed as average build and fit, apart from a slight knee issue (age me thinks lol) so which or what bike would be best for my needs out there, any suggestions.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
Forget the upgrade. Waste of money.

C

Cyclezee

Hi a while back I mentioned I was considering upgrading my current Sirocco 2 to the Sirocco CD my journey consist of 7.5 miles of which I have fairly steep hills (Torbay) to navigate so need some power and still be left with some battery juice on my return (15 miles in total) been looking around and seen Ezee bikes mentioned a lot on here, so I asking for any updates please from CD owners and how they are finding this bike with the crank or advice on what would be best out there (hub or crank :confused: ) I do have a limited budget so not looking at high end ok. Need be even consider second hand or special deals if any out there. This is a great site and always appreciate help or advise given on here. Thank you in advance :) :cool:
Hi Bayrider,

PM or email me if you want a special deal on an eZee bike;)

D

Deleted member 4366

Hey d8veh thank's for that just took a look at the big bear would this be more beneficial than the CD ? (hills I mentioned) and to preserve battery life would it be best for non power cycling on the flat or would the overall weight and the fact it has a rather meaty front hub not allow me to do this. To help you get some idea of the rider I am 45 and 11.5 stone and classed as average build and fit, apart from a slight knee issue (age me thinks lol) so which or what bike would be best for my needs out there, any suggestions.
I haven't ridden the Big Bear yet, but I've built bikes with the same motor, so I've got a good idea of what it should be like. It's a bit heavier than yours, but not enough to make a significant difference. It has the Bafang BPM motor, which is geared and has a free-wheel just like your present one, so it should ride like yours. The bike has a 15 aH battery like your present one, but I'd expect a bit less range because of the higher current. It's quite a big bike, so may not be suitable if you're below 5'5".