Stolen Cyclamatic C1 from Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire

minime

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2017
Hull
Hi

I recently purchased a Cyclamatic Power Plus C1 bike, had it for two whole days before it was stolen from inside my house in Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire. Bought on 17/02 and stolen on 20/02. They stole both the bike and the battery with the charger. I've contacted the local authorities.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:eek: Blimey !!! They don't mess about in your neck of the woods, a bit of a shocker for you. Looks like they clocked you and waited for the right moment. :(Sorry to hear the bad news.

minime

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2017
Hull
:eek: Blimey !!! They don't mess about in your neck of the woods, a bit of a shocker for you. Looks like they clocked you and waited for the right moment. :(Sorry to hear the bad news.
That's life I guess. I ordered a new one which will be delivered tomorrow morning. Any tips on how to better protect it?

I am thinking of doing the following:
1. Keep the battery in my room (I live in a shared house)
2. Tether the bicycle to the radiator.
3. Get bike insurance.
4. Install a WiFi camera to have video evidence if some scumbag breaks in again.

D

Deleted member 4366

Most likely an inside job, which is terrible. Good CCTV cameras are very cheap and easy to use. I recommend these wireless ones. They record a rolling road 2 days of video on an internal SD card, transmit pictures (motion detection) to your mobile phone instantly and can be monitored on your phone at any time. Dead easy to install. Just give them 12v and scan the code on the side. Everything else is automatic, except you have to tell the app on your phone where to send the emailed photos to.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IdeaNext-960P-IP-Camera-Mini-Robot-P2P-HD-Wireless-Baby-Monitor-with-WiFi-Car-IR-/361893382369?hash=item544286c8e1:g:Af8AAOSw44BYj2m-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xideanext+camera.TRS0&_nkw=ideanext+camera&_sacat=0

For a lock, use one of these and tie the bike to a radiator pipe. I keep my lock on my bike's handlebars, so it goes everywhere with the bike. Not too heavy, and secure enough to defeat opportunist bike thieves:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oxford-Barrier-Armoured-Cable-Lock-Bicycle-Motorbike-Quad-Bike-Key-1-5m-Security-/371468194473?var=&hash=item567d3ad2a9:m:mcgRqgxfmQpxAqaiUTjL1Tg

Carry it like this;

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes to all 4 points and install an alarm - if the bike is moved the alarm goes off.

Reactions: Sarabee

minime

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2017
Hull
Having had my bike stolen recently I feel your pain.
I would castrate the thieving scum bags.
How much was it worth? I was fortunate not to have bought a 1500w ebike that I originally had planned to so I was taught a valuable lesson at somewhat of a discount (bike cost me 500 pounds instead of 1000+).

Sarabee

Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2017
Lincolnshire
So sorry that your bike has been stolen.

My son just bought me an Abus D lock (could be a lethal weapon!) with a further looped cable to thread through the bike and loop onto the Abus. The Abus itself fits well round a post so a good size. The bike is locked and secured even in the garage which is alarmed.

For insurance I have gone with Velosure, no idea how good they are and hope I never have to find out but it offers a lot at a competitive price. Reviews are good though. My house insurance only insured bikes up to £350 :( .

I'm also considering a data tag.

I agree, it is suspicious that your bike has gone so quickly and it may be someone you know which is pants. Get your house secure. Hopefully if you use Facebook or similar it might generate some info and help you to get it back. It doesn't matter what you paid for it, it still hurts.

geordy paul

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 30, 2016
yorkshire
How much was it worth? I was fortunate not to have bought a 1500w ebike that I originally had planned to so I was taught a valuable lesson at somewhat of a discount (bike cost me 500 pounds instead of 1000+).
My bike cost me over £2000, was not covered on my motorhome insurance, which surprised me, and only £500 on house contents.

minime

Pedelecer
Feb 19, 2017
Hull
My bike cost me over £2000, was not covered on my motorhome insurance, which surprised me, and only £500 on house contents.
£2000?!? My bike was only 450 and nothing else was taken from my room (I live in a shared 6-bedroom house). I should consider myself very lucky.