Stop me buying a Woosh

Paulmessenger

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2017
Ardrossan scotland
Being looking at getting a e-bike and keep coming back to woosh, i have a max budget of £1100.
im 5' 8" and 14 st. needing to loss a bit as not fit.
Ive been looking at Krieger, Big Bear and RioFB, but not sure on the big tyres on that one. Don't know if the BB will be a bit on the big side for me but looks the best out of them,and not sure about the crank drive on the Krieger, so, any other bikes in the price range i should be looking at.
I like the idea of a throttle as they have on them.
Bike will be for pleasure use as work is about 12 miles away and early start rules it out. we have some hills round here, going from sea level as were near the beach to 150 mtrs above, but no real steep inclines. So any suggestions based on the above or which one to choose from above.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the Rio MTB can take a traditional £25 rear rack, but the Big Bear is best for pulling heavy weight.

Here is a Big Bear pulling a trailer:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
good morning Paul,

you can fit 26 x 2.35 inch Schwalbe puncture proof tyres (those with green guard) to the FB.
Add slime to the innertubes for double protection.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
the Rio MTB can take a traditional £25 rear rack, but the Big Bear is best for pulling heavy weight.

Here is a Big Bear pulling a trailer:

Is that a 10 litre bag-in-box of Spanish wine in that trailor?

Paulmessenger

Sep 5, 2017
Ardrossan scotland
Can you have the tyres fitted before delivery or will it be an after market purchase.
How will the Rio Fb be for size me being 5'8", or would one of the others be better as just a leisure bike, ill be riding mostly tarmac and cycle paths, Hills are not to bad in the car so hard to judge whats it like on a bike. ive not ridden in about 7-8 years

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Can you have the tyres fitted before delivery or will it be an after market purchase.
yes, we can do that. Cost of tyres (about £35 for 2 Schwalbes) + £5 for fitting.

How will the Rio Fb be for size me being 5'8"
It will fit you very well.
The frame size (measured from bottom bracket to top of seat tube) is 45cm. You can check against your bikes for an idea.

Damian.Doherty

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
Derry, Ireland
I'd like to throw by 2 cents in. I've had my Rio for about 2 months now and it has been faultless. I even rode it home in a monsoon and it never missed a beat.

I'm 5ft8 and about 13 and a half stone! Not fit but getting fitter!

The pre-sales and after-sales service from Woosh has been exemplary, I really can't recommend them highly enough!

Also, I got my bike through the Bike2Work scheme so make sure you check that out to see if you qualify.

Reactions: Paulmessenger

Paulmessenger

Sep 5, 2017
Ardrossan scotland
good morning Paul,

you can fit 26 x 2.35 inch Schwalbe puncture proof tyres (those with green guard) to the FB.
Add slime to the innertubes for double protection.
That sounds like a better fit. Will give you a call later today to see whats best for me and order. Whats the delivery time normally like Tony.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Whats the delivery time normally like
we usually prep your bike for the next business day. you can then have it delivered any time after that. So if you order it today, your bike is ready Monday morning, you can have it arriving on Tuesday.

Paulmessenger

Sep 5, 2017
Ardrossan scotland
So just bough the Krieger and should arrive next week. Seems i'm the first one to order the new Matt black they have had come in so will post a few pictures when it all up and running.
Any one have some pictures of the Matt black?

Paulmessenger

Sep 5, 2017
Ardrossan scotland
Got the nice Krieger last week in matt black and it looks stunning. Only thing is its dam hard to keep clean and shows up every mark and bit of dirt. Thats not a complaint but and observation as it look fantastic. Rides great and just getting used to making sure the gears are always in the right gear, Only done 40 miles on it so far but no issues or problems to report, just needed a minor adjustment on the gear changing and it been super. .

Attachments

Reactions: Woosh

Paulmessenger

Sep 5, 2017
Ardrossan scotland
I take it theres not to many matt black ones about at the moment. Bikes running great not had much time to go out on it this week. Up to 60 miles so far. May give it a ride to work next week. 22 miles round trip

D

Deleted member 4366

It's working, Paul. It's 20 days since you started this thread and you haven't bought one yet. Keep up the effort.

• :D
Reactions: topographer