Strome e-bikes!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
No both versions are available. I think that there are probably more s-pedelec versions imported into the UK and used illegally than pedelec versions.

oldosc

Pedelecer
May 12, 2008
oldosc
for what it's worth 1st bike at 11 (1949) halfords.Next Fieorelli at 17.then Harleys and Nortons till 1960 (Australian bush not kind to 2 wheels)Mountain bikes me built till 2007, move to Cornwall at 67 made biking a bit endurance not fun. Learned a lot from this forum...bought a Kalkhoff Agattu , mainly listening to Flecc. Have had a few problems with surgeons sewing bits of me together.Find the Kalkhoff bit heavy to lift onto the Motor home and not powerfull enough to ride from Crafthole (where I live) to Torpoint or Looe, in all directions we face slopes of 8% to 10%, not fun at 80.(sorry about the rant)
BUT Tried out a few new E Bikes (sale or return) I will not denigrate any , (legal)but some are Hype over belief .Now owner of the EMU (yeh I know it's front wheel drive)but on a short trial ,bout a month, have done 400k all round Home, which I could not do on K. (I really loved that bike). It is stylish enough for any rider,(quite Cool, is an expression I could use, but would not at my age).Next week off to Portugal (or Spain..) till Xmas...will write a full report on this Bike EMU
For those who got this far, I believe background is as important as a report
I have actually been shouted as cheater for using an E but when I caught up with the guy (at a pub) I called him out as a cheat for using gears..( My Dad and his Brother cycled across the Nullabor Plane in Australia in 1932, on fixed wheel cycles but that's another era.My dads Hero was Eugene Christophe, (not a man to take asthma pills for a cough))