Sudden Onset Broken Foot Syndrome

• Thread starter Deleted member 4366
  • Start date

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If you've got a late chemist in the area, ask the pharmacist for a powerful painkiller like tramadol or co-codamol. Though normally on prescription they will often oblige. If not there's overnight services online for tramadol.

Also try an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen which can also suppress pain quite well.

Wrapping the foot in a couple of layers of cloth with a pack of frozen peas between will chill it and can sometimes greatly suppress the pain.
Soak it in a bath of whiskey... and then drink it..... Hic!

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
You have to experience gout to understand the pain. The thought of putting anything on the affected part is horrific, the slightest touch hurts like hell.

If left it will disappear but will return. Get your kidneys checked as well as the uric acid levels.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 4366

The doctor told me that I had bad kidney function last time I saw her, which was a bit of a surprise because nobody ever told me that before, and she hadn't done any tests. There must have been something on my record, which they forgot to mention before. These guys are an absolute shambles.

Thanks, Flecc, for those suggestions. I managed to get some Ibuprofen from my local corner shop. Thank Christ for bikes with throttles. That has eased the pain a bit.

Normally, I'd be hitting my medicinal brandy, but alcohol is the worst thing for gout.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
When I was told my kidneys were a bit iffy the comment was "Well, you're not getting any younger"

A learner doctor let slip it is chronic kidney failure. Best not to know that, but not wanting to die of kidney failure I see no reason to save my liver so I have upped the whisky consumption.

Doctors, what do they know.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
When I was told my kidneys were a bit iffy the comment was "Well, you're not getting any younger"

A learner doctor let slip it is chronic kidney failure. Best not to know that, but not wanting to die of kidney failure I see no reason to save my liver so I have upped the whisky consumption.

Doctors, what do they know.
S1030523.jpg
;)

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
Does sound like plantar fasciitis to me. I had the same experience in one foot. It's almost gone after taking care and regular exercises stretching the tendon.

D

Deleted member 4366

After twp weeks, the pain has mainly gone, apart from my big toe and the next one to it hurt when i walk. Also, like the episode i had in tghe other foot three weeks before, my knee has seized up. When I look at the knuckle on my big toe, it's noticeably swollen still. This foot started the day after I stubbed my toe in a tree stump. I'm sure that what kicked it off. If I hadn't had the problem with the other foot, I would have said that my big toe is broken.

Here's the left one in May:

foot may.jpg

and the right one last week. Note how the ankle's swollen too:

foot jun.jpg

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I'm glad I'm not a foot doctor.

Reactions: jdallan

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Sounds like you have really been through the wars!

My wife trained as a nurse and suggests that it may we worth having a test for rheumatoid arthritis.

Regards

Jerry

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks Jerry, it's nice to know you're still around. I'm going for a blood test tomorrow, which might show what's going on. I think the doctors are expecting it to show bad kidney function because that showed up on a previous test, but I think that the problem lies elsewhere. I have some other problems that are separately under investigation. it wouldn't surprise me if all my problems are linked.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
If it is gout and with dodgy kidneys could well be, cherry's are in season and are good for dealing with that complaint.

I hope it's something easy to sort out, pity a dab of solder can't do the trick.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Thanks Jerry, it's nice to know you're still around.
Thanks. I tend to lurk mainly, still have my steel brompton tongxin conversion, sold my brompton ti. I have now retired early and the brompton does not get the daily use any more, but more recently I have been building/updating full sized non assisted bikes, building full sized wheels, learning about disc brakes etc.

Hope the doc visit goes well. As you prob know I am a type 1 diabetic and it may also be worth checking for type 2 diabeties as that has all sorts of knock on complications if not diagnosed early. I guess the doc will be checking all these things.

Jerry

Advertisers