Surprising how quick these Brexit price rises have happened

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Chinese in their great wisdom even refuse the Euro. I think they have so many dollars because the US belongs to them now...

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Yeah....hence closing the shop. And you're either a Troll or a f*7king idiot.
Wasn't a Troll an ugly doll with orange hair,you could get little ones to stick on the end of pencils up the ........
They also featured in the Grimms fairy tail who waited at the bridge to scare the 3 goats Billy Gruff, Trolls weren't very nice creatures.
KudosDave

• Agree
Reactions: LEBC Tom

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
You need to read "The Hobbit" my friend! Trolls don't like sunlight. But I think it refers to the fishing technique which consists of dragging a long line with lures on the end behind a boat until you catch something.

The Euro is actually quite strong against the RMB,which would make it attractive for the Europeans to buy direct from China and avoid the UK.
KudosDave
In $US, that is all they accept.

• Informative
Reactions: RobF

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
You need to read "The Hobbit" my friend! Trolls don't like sunlight. But I think it refers to the fishing technique which consists of dragging a long line with lures on the end behind a boat until you catch something.

In $US, that is all they accept.
The Chinese will accept payment in Euros,I have a friend who sells thousands of e-bikes in Holland,all his payments are in Euros.
Maybe some of the small vendors only deal in US dollars.
The only currency that the Chinese won't accept is RMB,that is because the Chinese government want to hoard foreign currency. I once offered to pay a small vendor in RMB he advised we could go to prison if he accepted it,I don't think a Chinese prison would be a nice place,hehe
KudosDave

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Generally, at least online, a troll tends to be someone with an opinion that conflicts with others own opinions. It's usually controversial, which tends to make many discussions heated.. and popular. :oops:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i think this is how flud reply's to my posts at home.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Cave-troll

But a troll is someone who posts looking for trouble, trolling other users hence my reference to fishing. My preferred method actually, if I don't catch anything the reply to that question is "no didn't go fishing, went rowing".

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Wasn't a Troll an ugly doll with orange hair,you could get little ones to stick on the end of pencils up the ........
They also featured in the Grimms fairy tail who waited at the bridge to scare the 3 goats Billy Gruff, Trolls weren't very nice creatures.
KudosDave
Here you go.......image.jpeg

Reactions: Fordulike

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Yammers has taken a bit of stick in this thread, but his general point is a fair one.

Retail prices only ever go up in response to outside forces, never down.

Petrol was a good example, although following years of consumer/government pressure, the oil companies do now occasionally take a penny or two off a litre when their raw material costs drop significantly.

Going back further, there's no doubt decimalisation led to price rises for no good reason other than, well, we can put the price up if we want to.

If the pound ever recovers significantly, does anyone seriously think ebikes - or any other imported consumer goodie - will reduce in price?

History suggests price rises are like a one-way ratchet, once a click has passed, it won't be reversed.

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Rob...Yamdude got his just desserts.
found this Troll song...
THE TROLL SONG
Lyrics by Tim Ireland

Ohhhhhh…
Nobody likes them
Everybody hates them
Please ignore the trolls
You might think
To kick up a stink
But attention is their goal
They lack the normal social skills
And seek to waste your time
Ignoring them takes zero time
And stops you wasting mine.
Cheers!
His point was that we are all profiteering over Brexit,that is just not true.
As far as prices always rising-Petrol fell through the floor over the last 6 months,it is even noticeable when I fill up my global warming gas guzzler.
I dont think any of us wants to put up these prices,I will hang on until my next batch of bikes are delivered in the hope that the £ strengthens against the dollar,but I am pessimistic on that,I think 1.30 is the new norm.
KudosDave

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
History suggests price rises are like a one-way ratchet, once a click has passed, it won't be reversed.
There often is some truth in this, but history can be misleading over time. For example:

Oil prices rise and so do prices related in some way to that, such as petrol, diesel, goods transport and fares.

Following that there are other unconnected cost increases over time, such as wages, business premises rent, business rates. Sometimes tax changes bring other increases.

Eventually those oil prices drop back to where they were, but, none of the other things do, so the prices can't return to where they were originally.