Suspension seat post

10JP

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
Hi
I am considering purchasing a suspension seat post to iron out the bumps and help with back pain,
anyone any suggestions or recommendations?

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
Helluva review there Leigh! :) Btw your dog thinks you`re away with the fairies!!

On a serious note how much higher does the suntour raise the saddle over the sus. post? My saddle on a sus post is right down almost touching the frame.

Reactions: 10JP and LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Thanks Leigh, great video, note there's a little side play in the seatpost, is that due to wear?
It's a 27.2mm seatpost fitted into a 30.9 seat tube, using a shim. Hence the slight wiggle. Very secure and virtually unnoticeable whilst riding. :)

Here's the pics I promised. Showing max. height and then lowest height, suntour seatpost, with a rack fitted.

DSC01239.JPG DSC01242.JPG DSC01248.JPG DSC01250.JPG DSC01238.JPG DSC01244.JPG

Last edited:
  • Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 10JP and tommie

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012

Either one goes nicely with a gel saddle. :)

Watch how they iron out the cross country bumps.
Good video. I would have loved to use the suntour suspension on my bike but the rear pannier bag would get in the way. In that case I had to use the standard seat post suspension which is not as good as yours but at least better than nothing.

MS.

• Agree
Reactions: 10JP and LeighPing

10JP

Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2015
It's a 27.2mm seatpost fitted into a 30.9 seat tube, using a shim. Hence the slight wiggle. Very secure and virtually unnoticeable whilst riding. :)

Here's the pics I promised. Showing max. height and then lowest height, suntour seatpost, with a rack fitted.

View attachment 18667 View attachment 18668 View attachment 18669 View attachment 18670 View attachment 18671 View attachment 18672
Leighping, thanks you have been such a great help, have ordered the suntour one now and like you will have to shim from 27.2 to 30.9, hopefully will have it before the weekend as I enjoy cycling canal towpaths which can be a bit bumpy!

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Leighping, thanks you have been such a great help, have ordered the suntour one now and like you will have to shim from 27.2 to 30.9, hopefully will have it before the weekend as I enjoy cycling canal towpaths which can be a bit bumpy!
You're welcome. Make sure that you measure up correctly before purchasing. Enjoy. :)

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Your spot on about that 10JP.

MS.

Reactions: LeighPing

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
You're welcome. Make sure that you measure up correctly before purchasing. Enjoy. :)
LeighPing, can I not be rude and add to that? Better still it is best to measure up twice before purchasing. Even a well skilled carpenter would say, measure twice cut once, and ever since learning this type of method to do a task takes me twice as long. We never seem to win:rolleyes:

MS.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Here is LeighPing's answer to you. 'Forget about the wear,I am sexy and I know it'. ;)
It could well be true. Ebiking can give you triathlete's butt syndrome. I know that things have tightened up a bit. Guys and gals, take note. It worked for me down there. Maybe it will work for you too. :)

Now, I just need a gadget to improve my six pack.. :p

spring.jpg

Advertisers