SW 900 LCD controller 02?

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
The image is more prounced to sight than camera.

Recent had “error 7” and swapped out the Hall Sensors. Although only took the bike on a test run of a few metres all is good no “error 7” code displayed. Bicycle is running smooth again.

Before that short test run 02 appeared with no “error” word only 02, see photo. Each brake was disconnected and the code displays when either one is connected and brake is deployed. Disengage the brake and the number disappears.

Regardless going out now on a longer test run, nought too hilly. Mobile phone near hand if a taxi a requirement.

5C0CC069-4D5F-4610-A5DD-A1CB7FB9E473.jpeg

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
Code 02 remains in view when I use the brakes. Plus 40kms all on motor and no other problems.

Usual searches not found anything that matches.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
This document shows that as expected.
3.6 Vehicle Status Status Code
Code (Decimal) Indication Note
0 Normal
1 Reserved
2 Brake
etc etc

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
As expected? Doesn’t point me in a direction that could resolve the issue.

Only thing that comes to mind could be that I’ve maybe broken a wire while tidying the cable harness? Stretched a cable and broken internal?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Doesn't help with your error 7 (motor error), which it sounds as if you fixed anyway. It does indicate a status of 2 is expected, meaning brake applied, not brake error.

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
Doesn't help with your error 7 (motor error), which it sounds as if you fixed anyway. It does indicate a status of 2 is expected, meaning brake applied, not brake error.

Never noted the code before now. The controller is indicating brake applied.

The hall sensors error 7 is most certainly resolved. Was one hall sensor at fault wasn’t switching when the wheel was moved by hand. All three tested with a volt meter.

Got that link now sjpt. Thank you, very useful document.

shailensobhee

Just Joined
Apr 27, 2020
I take it as a bug in the SW900 firmware.

If it registers that the brake ia pressed, it sends signal value 02 to the LCD.

The misleading information is that 02 is shown as Error 02 when it should just have been Status 02 (brakes appled/registered).