Switched from SWXB to Q100H

Deere John

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2015
EU
Thanks all for further advice, I'm pretty OK generally with bike mechanics, but like many new to all this, the electronics seem more complicated than you expect - so I am very tempted to go with someone like Whoosh to begin with. I can see that the battery is by far the most expensive part of the package, so maybe I could experiment with upgrading other parts later.
yes, sounds like a good plan.

These motors are good because you can exchange controller, display, sensors and battery to something else if you want. If something brakes or you just want to try (need) something else. Kinda like a standard for these parts. Not everything but many combinations is there.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just went out for a ride, brilliant light and colours.
I can confirm that on the steeper hills (down to 6-7 mph) going from 3 to 5 made hardly any difference. Plenty of extra on the nearly flat at 12-14 mph.
Hmmm !!! As AK has mentioned on hills if you feel no difference from pas3 to pas5 then the controller must be set to speed control and not current control.
With Current control you can't not miss the extra power supplied.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Odd. Understanding a bit more (but still far from all) from playing with https://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?bopen=true&motor=MXUS_XF07&batt=B3614_PF&cont=cust_17_30_0.03_V&axis=mph&wheel=700c&autothrot=false&throt=100&grade=10&hp=250&mass=170&frame=mountain&cont_b=cust_8.5_30_0.03_V&motor_b=MXUS_XF07&batt_b=B3614_PF&wheel_b=700c&mass_b=170&hp_b=250&grade_b=10&throt_b=100

Control is by a King Meter KM-529 and Lishui 17amp (standard Woosh stuff). Judging by the speeds we are getting it looks as if we are getting more power at level 3 than we might expect, rather than less power at level 5. Not sure how the controller/meter work; in the controller simulator I halved the amperage for comparison (based on anotherkiwi's earlier comments).

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Did a long testride with mostly flat but some really hilly areas also.

Well, it is like a new bike!

The motor is very quiet! On cruising speed with not much effort you can barely hear it. When you stress it you hear it though but since it is so strong it needs some mean hills to come to that. It is strong! It accelerates really great and fair hills barely noticeable, it just pulls!

It is also much more efficient on my bike. It is strong without pulling to much amps. My previous motor was a battery-killer! It might have been stronger but I used it in wrong efficiency area. It managed to make the BMS cut off often when running low on battery. This motor didn't make BMS cut off when I did the "usual testride".

Battery time is a little increased also considering above.

Have a simulation from CA bikes where someone said the "Outrider Std" is similar in performance curves.

View attachment 27942

Great! I should have changed motor earlier, I'm on the third battery now and it begins to get really bad. Will buy a new fourth battery after winter and see if that lasts longer, should do.

Speaking of winter. Anyone had any bad experience riding this motor during winter and all that shitty weather it means (mostly thinking about minus degrees making things freeze and thaw up when you get inside).
My Q100 has been good for two winter ridings ready I believe you are good to go.

Reactions: Deere John