Swytch launched.......shame about the long wait.

bbqforce10

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2017
devon
I've just been looking at the Swytch kit that has launched today.
It looks interesting.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/swytch-the-instant-ebike-kit-for-any-bike-electric--5/x/17694029#/

The 50 mile kit for $350 sounds pretty good:

Early Bird 50 mile Kit
Limited quantity available at the early bird price, be the first to own a Swytch kit! Turn ANY bike into an eBike with 15mph (EU) or 20mph (USA) top speed and 50 mi range on a single charge. All wheel sizes are available and will be selected by the backer at the completion of the campaign.

Items Included
  • 250W Motor Wheel in ANY Size
  • Swytch Power Pack 50 mile
  • QuickConnect Handlebar Bracket
  • Free Shipping to US and EU
  • 36V 360Wh Li-Ion battery
  • Charger
  • Pedal Sensor
  • Brake Sensor
I don't want to wait until April 2018 however, so I think I'm going to go for a Q128C to convert my bike.

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
A very well done video, especially at the end with all the users. Clever packaging too. I like how the controls plug into a handlebar bracket, but wonder how the bag's electrical connector will cope with the bumps inherent to a bike.

This is probably less power than a Q100. You will be happier with a Q128.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If you are light or don't have big inclines then the swytch is perfect for a very light weight set up and is ideal for a town errand bike, in which case the lighter smaller battery would be the way to go, it's horse's for courses. The unit and handle bar attachment could always be placed in a front pannier or a bit lower down in a pannier top bag if space is a at premium.

Annie12

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 5, 2015
Are they asking for prepayment for these Swytch kits,?? We prepaid Panda for an item which never materialised then took ages to get a refund.
The crowdfunding site they are using seems very ambiguous as to delivery of the goods and unregulated here in the UK, I was once told - (If it looks to good to be true it probably is )

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That's why it's crowdfunded they need capital to bring it to the market, you pays your money up front and hope to get a half price it before it is release to the market in general.