Take to the air?

timidtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
Cheshire
GambiaGOES.blogspot.com
While waiting for the dentist to do unspeakable things I was reading his copy of 'Microlight' (I'd read 'Yachting World' and 'Classic Sports Cars' on previous visits.) I wonder where he gets the money for these expensive hobbies?
It seems that a battery powered microlight has flown a distance of 141Km. I think the batteries were Lifepo (?) - a bit vague about that, the pain was increasing ...
Just wondered if there's any future for e-bike batteries here? Or should we change our wheels for wings? The microlight was a 'Cri-Cri' I think.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries are just beginning to creep int e-biking now after a long development period. The delays were due to suppliers and indeed battery producers being uncertain about the long term reliability for a long time.

They should have a longer life than the ones we've mostlty used, but they are in fact bulkier and often even a little heavier that present lithium polymer, so not a very radical advance. The main benefit will be that longer life so lower running costs.

Last edited:

Advertisers