Taking Ebike Out Of UK

JohnT

De-registered
May 12, 2018
let me start by stating my understanding of taking am ebike abroad from the Uk
If flying abroad one can take the bike but not the battery. This includes both cabin and hold for the battery.
If some distance such as Australia then land route is out the question and sending by sea in advance is an option (I think!) ?

JohnT

De-registered
May 12, 2018
Take bike minus battery with me on plane.
Send battery via sea in advance.
Spending 6 months in Australia

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there may be a shop (in Sydney) willing to sell you a battery and buy it back later.
If you were in a reverse situation, I could sell you a bike then buy it back from you at the end of your trip.

JohnT

De-registered
May 12, 2018
Another option is to send battery on air cargo. I think this is still available?

JohnT

De-registered
May 12, 2018
there may be a shop (in Sydney) willing to sell you a battery and buy it back later.
If you were in a reverse situation, I could sell you a bike then buy it back from you at the end of your trip.
I am heading for Perth WA.
Once I get my bike and hopefully battery there it can stay as I am going every year

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am heading for Perth WA.
Once I get my bike and hopefully battery there it can stay as I am going every year
I am so jealous!
Beautiful city, lovely beaches etc. I rode for hours in Kings Park.
Have you considered buying locally?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Another option is to send battery on air cargo. I think this is still available?
I believe that is only in special safety containers. Something to discuss with a major air courier like DHL who have their own fleet of aircraft.

JohnT

De-registered
May 12, 2018
I am so jealous!
Beautiful city, lovely beaches etc. I rode for hours in Kings Park.
Have you considered buying locally?
Yes I too have cycled around kings park. But didn’t risk a bike descent down Jacobs Ladder lol
Funny you should mention looking locally because I have just been doing that. But as you know Perth WA is expensive for everything and there is little choice on ebikes

JohnT

De-registered
May 12, 2018
I believe that is only in special safety containers. Something to discuss with a major air courier like DHL who have their own fleet of aircraft.
I will do that and let people know that I find out. Thanks for that infon

D

Deleted member 4366

Buy or rent a bike in Australia. It doesn't really make sense to ship one there and back.

• Agree
Reactions: VictoryV