Tannus Tyres - an update please

ncpdnc

Pedelecer
May 28, 2017
Europe!
(Sorry about the double post, I would to keep this one open please)
I am lookin to purchase a Cube commuter.

https://www.cube.eu/uk/2017/e-bike-trekking/travel-hybrid/cube-travel-hybrid-500-havanna-brownnorange-2017-ee/

It comes with OEM Cube ZX24 rims with Schwalbe Spicer, 40x622 front and back.
:(
I can already imagine tinkering under a TFL bus shelter once the Londinium rain gods have decided "It's time!".
To top it all, I don't even know if these kind of bikes are waterproof.

Anyways, I am looking at the Tannus solid tyres. :)

http://www.thesolidtyre.com/

I would love to hear from people who have been using these for a while. Note the Cube bike has seat suspension :p and front suspension. :D So I guess the feedback is not that big an issue.

@ £59.99 I would probably recover that from couple of saved punctures and stress, and being on time to my work commitments.

Thanks,

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
I had Schwalbe Energizer pro touring tyres fittted to my bike, very good tyres and rated to have great puncture resistance.

I was reading a few reviews which suggest the Tannus tyres might be a little sluggish at slower speeds, your choice but Schwalbe make some great puncture resistant tyres and with good rolling resistance for a nice ride.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Gaz

ncpdnc

Pedelecer
May 28, 2017
Europe!
I had Schwalbe Energizer pro touring tyres fittted to my bike, very good tyres and rated to have great puncture resistance.

I was reading a few reviews which suggest the Tannus tyres might be a little sluggish at slower speeds, your choice but Schwalbe make some great puncture resistant tyres and with good rolling resistance for a nice ride.
Ah thanks.
I have looked into their Marathon Plus product line rated 7/7 resistance on their scale.
With Tannus, the prospect of never having to worry about punctures/pressure just fills me with delight.
I am just not sure if these are electric bike ready or how they holdup on light canal trails.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
I'll be honest and say that I doubt you'll find any enthusiasm for solid tyres on this forum.

I, like yourself, pondered for many hours, about whether solid tyres were a good idea on my bike. After reading lots of comments on many forums about this type of tyre, I decided against it, and switched to Schwalbe Marathon Plus tyres.

I now run Schwalbe Marathon Plus MTB tyres with Slime inner tubes.

Depending on the terrain that you ride on, you may be better off with the road version.

Note that both versions are approved for electric bikes!

• Agree
Reactions: Gaz

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
My Marathon plus spare is marked e-bike ready:

Gaz

Reactions: ncpdnc