Tesco Folding Hopper 20" e-Bike

skidders

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 7, 2013
A, A
can anyone tell me if i take the battery off and if the bikes outside in the rain will the electrics crap out ?

D

Deleted member 4366

Not if you put a plastic bag over it, otherwise yes.

skidders

Jun 7, 2013
A, A
If thats true, I imagine it also applies to various other models as well???
go to train station park bike take battery off oh dear to many people with bikes so u need to park it outside the shelter (if there is one ) a waterproof design is needed to stop short outs me thinks

Last edited:

dalinian

Just Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Vauxhall, London, UK
I just noticed that Tesco is no longer selling these Folding Hopper 20" e-Bikes, in that the normal ‘Buy from Tesco’ box with the orange [ Add to basket ] button has been replaced by a box which simply says:

“Sorry, there are currently no sellers for this product.”
~ Tesco’s ‘Hopper 20" Folding Electric bike’ webpage » Buy Hopper 20" Folding Electric bike from our Electric Bikes range - Tesco.com

Does anybody know...
(1) When Tesco stopped selling this Folding Hopper 20" e-Bike?
(2) WHY Tesco stopped selling this Folding Hopper 20" e-Bike?

hopper_rider

Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2012
I just noticed that Tesco is no longer selling these Folding Hopper 20" e-Bikes, in that the normal ‘Buy from Tesco’ box with the orange [ Add to basket ] button has been replaced by a box which simply says:

“Sorry, there are currently no sellers for this product.”
~ Tesco’s ‘Hopper 20" Folding Electric bike’ webpage » Buy Hopper 20" Folding Electric bike from our Electric Bikes range - Tesco.com

Does anybody know...
(1) When Tesco stopped selling this Folding Hopper 20" e-Bike?
(2) WHY Tesco stopped selling this Folding Hopper 20" e-Bike?
I have no idea why it has been withdrawn, or if it has been withdrawn. Although there may be better bikes available it has been an entirely acceptable introduction to electric bikes in my opinion. It also appears to be the same as the Viking e2go which has consistently sold for more than £200 extra through various outlets and more recently Sports Direct had recently had it on sale as the eco-stepper first for £375 the £399. If you look at the reviews it has got over time customers also seem happy overall with their purchase.

I imagine that if it does disappear from sale it may appear at at later date at a higher price.

It is still possible to get some second hand. But with this you have to factor in possibly having to replace the battery at an earlier point

Heres one near Bournemouth for £320
Hopper 20" Folding White Electric bike | eBay

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
If I recall correctly, Tesco have sold these & stopped in the past.

Probably shifted however many container loads they imported this time too.

Mysteryman

Aug 10, 2012
I managed to buy one on Ebay for £220, original user had it for only 3 months or so, maybe not the best choice of electric bikes but it does me for my daily commute to work and back. Asda have started to sell them also, however two weeks ago the price was £399, not it has jumped up to £499 :(