Tesco Hopper front wheel replacement

Albert Vilella

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Hi all,

I have owned a Tesco Hopper for several years and used it hundreds of times. Link below:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/hopper-20-folding-electric-bike/215-7386.prd?source=others

Recently, the front wheel started misbehaving: I can hear the electric buzzing sound going through the front wheel, but the mechanism inside must have broken as it doesn't generate any torque.

Where can I get a replacement front wheel? I am confident that with a replacement front wheel I can continue using the bike for a good while longer, since the battery is still in good shape.

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Hi all,

I have owned a Tesco Hopper for several years and used it hundreds of times. Link below:

https://www.tesco.com/direct/hopper-20-folding-electric-bike/215-7386.prd?source=others

Recently, the front wheel started misbehaving: I can hear the electric buzzing sound going through the front wheel, but the mechanism inside must have broken as it doesn't generate any torque.

Where can I get a replacement front wheel? I am confident that with a replacement front wheel I can continue using the bike for a good while longer, since the battery is still in good shape.
Being a 24v system it may be hard to find one in the UK, try aliexpress or BMS battery. It won't be cheap so may be time for an upgrade? Before you write it off though check all the connections as it might just be a simple loose wire or something like that. Is there any juddering from the motor?

Cabo

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2012
Belfast
Being a 24v system it may be hard to find one in the UK, try aliexpress or BMS battery. It won't be cheap so may be time for an upgrade? Before you write it off though check all the connections as it might just be a simple loose wire or something like that. Is there any juddering from the motor?
Avocet Sports ltd were or are the importers. i got some spares from them about 4 years ago. they are in Worsley Manchester - Tel.0161 727 8508

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Avocet Sports ltd were or are the importers. i got some spares from them about 4 years ago. they are in Worsley Manchester - Tel.0161 727 8508
Avocet huh? I had a cheap mountain bike from them that ran for years with nothing replaced. They make decent stuff. Much better than falcon which was my first e bike (made by nakto). Absolute crap