Tesla - another one catches fire

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
No, as with so many things, it's horses for courses. Driving in London at low speeds could be done in a Shelby Cobra if one wants to look a pratt. It's far better in every way in a decent e-car.
Yeah I agree
London I wouldn’t even entertain owning car of any type and I would hire one if I needed to go any distance like a holiday for example
But personally I don’t live in London and never would or any city for that matter so for me electric cars don’t make sense yet as an alternative fuel
They just don’t have the range of a petrol or diesel
But this is by no means a dig at electric car owners (or nearly e car owners) it’s my own personal opinion:)

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yeah I agree
London I wouldn’t even entertain owning car of any type and I would hire one if I needed to go any distance like a holiday for example
But personally I don’t live in London and never would or any city for that matter so for me electric cars don’t make sense yet as an alternative fuel
They just don’t have the range of a petrol or diesel
But this is by no means a dig at electric car owners (or nearly e car owners) it’s my own personal opinion:)
Indeed, for most of my driving life one wouldn't do it for me. Now though, their range increases and my shortening journeys have met up to make a sensible partnership.

Two things I'm looking forward to in particular:

Silence when stationary in our heavy south-east traffic, far better than stop-start.

Instant heat and pre-heating on Winter days.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Indeed, for most of my driving life one wouldn't do it for me. Now though, their range increases and my shortening journeys have met up to make a sensible partnership.

Silence when stationary in our heavy south-east traffic, far better than stop-start.

Instant heat nice
How much effect does that have on range , obviously on paper as you don’t have it yet :)

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales

I am just short of going over to one. The issues at present are:
Range - although most of our journeys are short enough, when we want to go further afield I don't think the infrastructure is there yet.
Price - too expensive as a second car which is what one would be given the above. Even if we actually used it most of the time.
Available models - Leaf is a touch bigger than we want, but don't like Zoe. i3 is looking in need of an update. What I think looks promising is the VW ID if it lives up to its billing. Some of the others are just silly money.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Leaf is a touch bigger than we want, but don't like Zoe. i3 is looking in need of an update.
That's exactly my feelings too, so the Leaf is a compromise. I'd rather it was 6" shorter and an inch or two narrower, but it will just fit in my garage with room to plug in.

Next years Leaf model will be interesting with its 63 kWh battery, there's rumours it will be an SUV.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Next years Leaf model will be interesting with its 63 kWh battery, there's rumours it will be an SUV.
Don't want an SUV! Partner would be much happier driving a smaller car. I'd sometimes like a higher vehicle to get a better view! (Part of me quite likes the Suzuki Vitara!) And very much DO want sunroof whether opening or fixed panoramic.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd sometimes like a higher vehicle to get a better view! (Part of me quite likes the Suzuki Vitara!) And very much DO want sunroof whether opening or fixed panoramic.
Seems you'd like my Suzuki SX4 SZ5, a bit more car like than the Vitara but all the same off road capability. Latest version is the S-Cross SZ5 which comes with a panoramic roof, but the latest grill is horribly American in my eyes. Link

Here's my ones restrained grill.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Seems you'd like my Suzuki SX4 SZ5, a bit more car like than the Vitara but all the same off road capability. Latest version is the S-Cross SZ5 which comes with a panoramic roof, but the latest grill is horribly American in my eyes. Link

Here's my ones restrained grill.
Yes - I see quite a few Suzukis round here including SX4, Grand Vitara, Ignis, Swift, even Baleno! Far more than before I moved here when they were rarities. I guess the combination of relatively low prices and local dealer help. But some of their colour schemes and interiors are not amongst the most appealing to me.

• Agree
Reactions: chris_n and flecc

Advertisers